A Warning To Steam Users!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Warning To Steam Users!

Do NOT install a game called Survarium. It is a Russian made fps in a post apocalyptic world. After installing the game it will want to update. It will then install a virus on your computer that will make it a slide show. My computer was completely unusable for 3 days. I ended up buying a new hard drive & re-installing windows. Don't go on their web site or forums either. When I was trying to fix the problems, I was on my phone trying to see if anyone else had a problem after installing this game & found a post on their site. Then I couldn't close my browser on my phone & it set my home page to their site. I fixed that after a panic stricken 10 minutes. Late last night I finally got my old drive to boot by removing all but one stick of ram. Turns out one of my 3 sticks of ram was damaged when my computer was attacked. The virus I found with AVG was "PSW Generic". Malewarebites didn't detect it. Here is a page with the description & threat level: http://www.avgthr...PRTYPE=AVF

I got my old drive running stable now but will be working on installing all my **** on my new SSD. ******* russians.

That is pretty scary! I think I was on the beta list but I never got around to installing it, glad I didn't!!! Thank you for the heads up!

Comment

AVG? Computer won't boot lol. Sounds like one of my clients.

Comment

Working...
      X