Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Single Player "campaign" Maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Player "campaign" Maps

Hey all. I had some ideas for some single player instant action campaign type maps. They will use the warfare game type & kismet sequences to advance you through the levels, such as blowing up barricades, or taking an object & standing in a certain area. Some puzzle elements like in Portal could also be fun. If anyone is interested, contact me via PM & I'll give you a download of a test map I've been working on. If there is enough interest I will make a few of these maps. Again, these would be OFFLINE single player instant action maps ONLY and are just for fun.

Reminds me of UTForce in 2010. We never did get the WAR/VCTF merge perfect, but it was essentially what you are posting about ( MP version).
    Sounds cool.
    Good luck!

Comment

I'm working on an adventure style map. You start out in a small room with no weapons & you have to figure out how to get out. As you progress, you'll get to check points so you wont spawn all the way at the beginning WHEN you die.

Comment

Awesome ! look too much like FEAR in the atmosphere. A more Unreal/UT like atmosphere would be better.
        Pretty interest in testing it

Comment

The first test map is a more UT style. This one is more "Doom-ish", creepy, & spooky atmosphere. BomBerWill I'll send you a download link of the first test map via PM with instructions on how to play it.

Comment

BomBerWill did you get a chance to check that test map out?

Comment

This is awesome !
              The map isn't much but every new objective feel totally different from normal gameplay.
              Too much bots at the same time on this one but...... so much posibility.
              Dunno how I can help you, here would be a good inspiration
              Can't do better than 24 left in my core....

Comment

Thanks. That was just a map to test the concept. The next map is way more complex & has some simple puzzle elements to figure out like finding key cards to open doors or finding alternate routes to objectives. When I get a little further in this one I'll send what I have to you to check out. The idea for this map is picking up where the UT3 single player campaign left off with Reaper on the Necris home world, his sister getting killed, & figuring out that Malcolm betrayed them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BLh9_sh--k

Reaper wakes up in a small cell with a locked door. Unable to open the door, he looks around the cell & finds his enforcer laying in the corner. A small grate in the floor seems to lead to a ventilation shaft, & possibly a means of escape. After figuring out how to open the grate, Reaper drops down into what looks to be raw sewage. Enforcer in hand, he slowly follows the shaft to what looks like a large room. Before he can enter, he is hit from a shot from a shock rifle. Seems he isn't alone down here. After dispatching the enemy with the enforcer, Reaper finds a way into a shaft with a ladder going up. At the top of the ladder he is confronted with a large room & 3 doors. One is sealed shut, the other is locked & requires a blue key card to open. The 3rd door opens to what appears to be a storage room. On a shelf in the back of the room he finds a stinger minigun, & a little more searching he finds the blue key card. Going up to the locked door & using the key opens an elevator. At the top of the elevator he steps out into a hallway with a flickering light. "This seems a little too easy" he says to himself. Just then an alarm sounds & 3 enemy guards come down the hallway towards him guns blazing. He quickly dispatches the foes & comes upon another door. Upon entering he sees what appears to be spawn pods with vaguely human forms inside. Disgusted by what he sees, he presses on & finds another locked door that requires a red key to open...

That's what I have so far. More story to come.

Comment

I'm working on some cinematic scenes & will need someone to test tomorrow evening. Any takers?

Comment

I shall take it !! (if you please/want)

Comment

Uploading what I have now. I'll send you instructions & download link via pm. Thanks!

Comment

I've added an easter egg. I almost pee'd myself laughing. lol

Comment

I forgot to tell you that you'll need the SWLadder.u for this map to work. Epic NEVER fixed the dang ladder volume! Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qa...plm/SWLadder.u

Comment

Well it's amazing. Always thought that SP mods were not for UT3. While this don't have the best action, the story advances naturally.
                            Multiples weird things tough :
                            - Why not more Necris look ? future outdoor part ?
                            - first cinematic : why start from the door and go to the middle of the room and not like if Reaper rise himself from the floor or bed? the look around in this room is epic
                            - stinger-guys lock inside their spawn room ? not coming at you
                            - why on earth is the link on the floor in the weird room and not in some kind of armory ?
                            - a bit more "realistic" (for a UT world anyways) layout.

Feel free to ask about things in particular, might have forget some.

Comment

I'll answer your questions in order.

"Why not more Necris look ? future outdoor part ?" - You'll find out later in the story.

"first cinematic : why start from the door and go to the middle of the room and not like if Reaper rise himself from the floor or bed?" - I thought of that too. I may have a different sequence play before that.

"stinger-guys lock inside their spawn room ? not coming at you" - I've already added more path nodes in the hallway. More stuff will be added to this area as well.

"why on earth is the link on the floor in the weird room and not in some kind of armory ?" - That is just a place holder for now. That room will be full of holding cells & you'll get the link from a guard station when that area is finished.

"a bit more "realistic" (for a UT world anyways) layout." - The map is far from finished. I have a lot of decorating, sounds, effects, etc to do before it's finished. Right now I'm doing basic layout & cut scenes.

Glad you're enjoying it. I'm having fun making it. I'll let you know when I have another version ready for testing. Thanks for your input!

Edit: I forgot to ask you, did you fall down the shaft to your spikey death the first time through? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X