Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Halo Vehicles for UT3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo Vehicles for UT3

Is there a good tutorial on how to make a model with bones in 3dsmax and import it UT3 Editor?

these helped me before https://sites.google.com/site/ut40km...t3-tutorials-1

Comment

I have a vehicle in 3ds max with bones. Can I just replace the buggy with it, may-be change some text in the classes?

Comment

Changing classes isn't working. You always have to subclass or copy-paste code. It really depends on what the vehicles should do. Scorpion or Hellbender should be find to use for Halo vehicles. By copying and pasting the existing code in your custom classes (like MyHaloVehicle_Buggy.uc), you need to remove the native support from the classes like this:

Code:
        class UTVehicle_HellBender extends UTVehicle
            native(Vehicle)
            abstract;
        ... to:
        Code:
        class UTVehicle_HellBender extends UTVehicle
            abstract;
        And by using a content class:
        Code:
        class MyHaloVehicle_Buggy_Content extends MyHaloVehicle_Buggy;
        That vehicles might not work exactly like the original one as native code would process additional physics related things. Subclassing is always the proper way.

Code:
        class MyHaloVehicle_Buggy_Content extends UTVehicle_HellBender_Content;

defaultproperties
        {
            // modify collision based on the size of the vehicle
            Begin Object Name=CollisionCylinder
                CollisionHeight=+65.0
                CollisionRadius=+140.0
                Translation=(Z=-15.0)
            End Object

// assigning custom/Halo mesh and additional assets
            Begin Object Name=SVehicleMesh
                SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'VH_HaloBuggy.Mesh.SK_VH_Buggy'
                PhysicsAsset=PhysicsAsset'VH_HaloBuggy.Mesh.SK_VH_Buggy_Physics'
                AnimTreeTemplate=AnimTree'VH_HaloBuggy.Anims.AT_VH_Buggy'
                AnimSets(0)=AnimSet'VH_HaloBuggy.Anims.K_VH_Buggy'
                MorphSets[0]=MorphTargetSet'VH_HaloBuggy.Mesh.VH_Buggy_MorphTargets'
            End Object

// change additional variables like weapon, health, etc.
           // ...
        }

Comment

There were Halo vehicles for UT2004 but haven't seen any for UT3.

Comment

So if I make the Halo worthog, I just copy these files with a new name and past those line of code in them?

UTVehicle_Scorpion_Content.uc
            UTVehicle_Factory_Scorpion.uc
            UTVehicle_Scorpion

Comment

It's a lot more complicated than that I'm afraid. The Warthog model has to be rigged properly. You have to make a physics asset, materials, sounds, & animation tree. Then it all has to be coded to work with those assets. Wheeled vehicles are more complicated because each wheel & suspension has to be set up in the animation tree so the wheels rotate, & turn properly, & the suspension swings in the right direction. UT2004 code wont work with UT3. The way the vehicles are handled is completely different. Let me do some digging & see if I can find anything for you.

Comment

Thanks Rumplehedskin, I really appreciate your help.

Comment

It is something complicated in the case of halo and locate the mesh uv
                  and the truth is that very little of the subject seen UT3 custom vehicles

UDK reference ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIV6uaeL5IQ )

Comment

Hay SKaa3w are you still working on that halo armor? I cant wait it see more of your work.

Comment

yes if working on custom models halo , thanx to support

Comment

So far this is what I've found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM

I'm still looking though. Checking on a couple other sources...

Comment

I did find one screen shot. http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/...pscao7vnuy.png

Comment

I found this "Hover Harley Davidson" tutorial. Maybe parts of it could be used as a halo ghost vehicle in UT3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69T6U8T1ZBI

I can recreate the model of the halo ghost model pretty good, the texture however might be a little cheesy.

Comment

Actually I took that screen shot myself on Sunday. I spent all day Sunday ripping the models I have from UT2004 so they can be converted to UT3. The Ghost is pretty much done except for the "enemy vehicle sound". Check your PM's.

Comment

Working...
                              X