Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78ss check your pm's please.

Comment

You don't need the earlier patches. Just patch 5, the titan pack, & the gamespy patch.

Comment

The only reason why I am given the order in which it got released (Patch4, TitanPack and then Patch5) is the problem with PICKUPS_2.upk ... which gets overwritten if you install TitanPack after Patch5. It's no big deal as both files are made conform (sharing the same GUID) but they differ in their hash/md5 (as the engine version is different).

Spoiler

But the patch order is not related with the problem. It should be the missing executable. Bad login name and/or bad password. Or something else which is not covered yet.

Comment

I have sent him a verified username and password that will work on the new master to give a try, this should help narrow things down a bit.

Comment

Tried the username and password you supplied Bubbaxm2, sadly still got the same error, will have to try a full clean install this weekend.
            I would like to say thanks to everyone who has offered help, restores my faith in people. Will let you know how I get on, hopefully successful.

Comment

Would appear that you are not patched then. Did you use the auto patcher or replace the exe manually? Doing a full reinstall won't fix it if you make the same mistake patching. Not saying that you did but you can ping the master but can't log in so somewhere the GS patch went wrong.

Comment

assuming that you're running windows 7, you have to be logged in as admin for the patch to work. You should also run your game as admin. We have had several people have this problem. Thank microsoft for this stupid issue.

Comment

Good news, ran the new exe as Admin and hey presto I logged in! Cant believe that was the prob, thanks Microstupid!

Comment

Bubba can you add that little detail to your original post in the gamespy patch thread please? Tanx!

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                      Bubba can you add that little detail to your original post in the gamespy patch thread please? Tanx!
                      Here Bubba add this too, Explains What Rumple is talking about.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m.../ff431742.aspx

Comment

ctrl shift?

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                          Absolutely, thanks guys!

Comment

Unfortunately I am still getting server errors. "Cannot connect to server" etc etc. I have the steam version so it will by default be up to date. Unless there is something I am missing. I used the steam patcher. Still no luck.

I think to be honest the biggest thing they can do for us is to allow offline settings to be saved. Like creating an offline profile in the very least. It would save all the haste.

Comment

Working...
                            X