Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't login?

Hi all,

I've recently installed my purchased copy of UT3 and installed the patch 5 when I get to the game and try to login online it says the server is offline? is UT3 now officially offline or is something wrong with my account?

Thanks for your help

Regards
    duk

Gamespy has been shut down. Epic now runs their own master server that replaces it. You will find all you need here:
    https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...spy-Patch-Info

Comment

I have the same problem. I have done a clean install from disk, no steam, installed patches, let thru firewall, turned off anti virus, still no joy. What have I missed?

Comment

GameSpy replacement executable linked in Bubbaxm2's post? You didn't meantion it so I assume you never replaced the exe file.

Comment

Yeah that was the patch I mentioned, exe installed.

Comment

Did you recreate your username on the new master server?

Comment

A few times I have seen a error like that and just had to exit the game and restart it again. It usually lets me connect on the second try.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
                Did you recreate your username on the new master server?
                I just created a new username, dont know how to get to the master server, im new to this.

I have exit the game and restart it several times, same result.

Comment

You need to install patch 5 (version 2.1) & the titan pack, then the gamespy "patch" which is just a new .exe that goes in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                    You need to install patch 5 (version 2.1) & the titan pack, then the gamespy "patch" which is just a new .exe that goes in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries folder.
                    Yes thats what Ive done, all installed.

Comment

In the correct order? The last thing you have to install is the GameSpy patch.

What happens if you try to login? Are you able to ping u3.epicgames.com? What happens if you creata a new user, in general the new user will be logged in automatically after the profile is created.

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                        In the correct order? The last thing you have to install is the GameSpy patch.

What happens if you try to login? Are you able to ping u3.epicgames.com? What happens if you creata a new user, in general the new user will be logged in automatically after the profile is created.
                        I believe I have installed in the correct order.
                        When I try to log in I get, Error the online service is currently unavailable etc.
                        I can ping u3
                        Created a new user, still wont login.

Comment

Disable your firewall & anti-virus then try to log in. It seems to me that something on your pc is blocking the connection.

Comment

Disabled both, still wont login.
                            Think I will have to try a clean install.

Comment

If you want to go the safe way:
                              UT3, (Patch1, Patch2, Patch3,) Patch4, TitanPack, Patch5 and then GameSpy-Replacement executable (automatically or manually). Start game, create profile (recommended to use alphanumeric characters for username and password) and play the game. Log off and retry to login with the same credentials. Report back.

You could also post your Launch.log file
                              Code:
                              %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs\Launch.log

Comment

Working...
                              X