Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by UTPlayer529th View Post
    Is a paid subscription need to test UT4? recently read that somewhere.. ???
    Yes and no. You need a subscription to host a server (due to EULA) and to make any changes that aren't possible through the current .ini files of course, but you don't need a subscription to play a client build. Multiplayer is working but servers can serve only clients of the same build. If you read the last pages of the thread xeanderthal linked, you should ascertain that raxxy was supporting a client build for playtesting, but that went viral and public access has been temporarily shut down to curtail a large influx of non-contributors. I expect raxxy's group is exploring alternative, limited access distribution models. Also, the server builds have since been updated, so the viral client build(s) may never get servers again. Naturally, the relevance of the viral client build(s) decreases with further development.

Knowing that, if you'd still like to help out, you can probably get client access through their IRC at the #beyondunreal channel of GlobalGamers network if you present yourself accordingly to the right people.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is a paid subscription need to test UT4? recently read that somewhere.. ???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UTPlayer529th View Post
    Here is the link I seen. Has 2 download links. I'm not sure and asking if this is correct because the one d/l link is a C++ Redistributable file - thought it was a UT4 unofficial release er something. Correct me if I am wrong.
    https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...ytest-Feedback

Chumbo playing UT4:
    http://www.twitch.tv/chumbo_/b/557739414

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Unofficial UT4 release

Unofficial UT4 release

Here is the link I seen. Has 2 download links. I'm not sure and asking if this is correct because the one d/l link is a C++ Redistributable file - thought it was a UT4 unofficial release er something. Correct me if I am wrong.
Working...
X