No announcement yet.

No Vehicle Gametypes in the niew UT4(?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have high hopes for this. If I gotta make everything myself, I'll just stick with UT3 since I've already done that for 8 years. I don't like UT4's player movement either. Taking away the double jump is just stupid. I'd be willing to bet that they'll just release the game as it stands now & leave it to the community to do everything else. It will probably die faster than UT3 did. There aren't enough PC gamers left to support something like this. Back when 04 came out, PC gaming was this thing. Xbox & PS made gamers lazy. Everyone just wants to turn on a console & play with no other "work" involved, get their fix, & move on to something else.

Comment

As I said before, vehicle gametypes will be in the game. We are still in pre alpha guys and yes a couple of people are tossing around ideas for them already but they are not a top priority at the moment. To many other things need to be done before they would be brought into the game anyway so no sense in wasting man power on them yet. If someone wants to make them then yes they will get there faster but are not going to be a priority for awhile.

Rump, sorry to say but your post is just ignorant. Good luck sticking with UT3 when the new game is going to be free and already has more people playing nightly in pre alpha than our beloved UT3 has had for a monthly total. You are more than welcome to sit here and be a stick in the mud but UT4 will be completed and yes with the help of the community. There are plenty of community members contributing to the game and more offering to help every day. I had high hopes that you guys would have gotten involved since you all seem to be very talented over there yet I get the sense you are more concerned with UT3 dying out than the success of the new game.

Comment

Sorry dude I'm just not impressed with UT4 & I'm not the only one. I'm married & have a full time job & don't want to get involved in something that I fell isn't for me. As I told many people so far, let's see how the game is in a year or so then maybe I'll take a crack at it if & when vehicles & other gametypes get added. I'm not interested in CTF or DM. I prefer larger maps with more strategic gameplay. Right now all it has is small, blocky BSP maps for CTF or DM. I would prefer Assault over all other gametypes.

Comment

<JZL> takes valium, repeats "it's only pre-alpha" mantra, remembers this time a year ago no one had any hope for there ever being a new UT, takes another valium, and rups for the twice-weekly WAR sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
            I don't have high hopes for this. If I gotta make everything myself, I'll just stick with UT3 since I've already done that for 8 years. I don't like UT4's player movement either. Taking away the double jump is just stupid. I'd be willing to bet that they'll just release the game as it stands now & leave it to the community to do everything else. It will probably die faster than UT3 did. There aren't enough PC gamers left to support something like this. Back when 04 came out, PC gaming was this thing. Xbox & PS made gamers lazy. Everyone just wants to turn on a console & play with no other "work" involved, get their fix, & move on to something else.
            At first, I felt the same way also, but I had to keep telling myself, this is prealpha. It looks fun, feels fun, but my gripes at the moment are the lack of double dodging and those ridiculous triple rockets (I get the point of it - but it just doesn't work well..). I think in due time, they'll add vehicles, but honestly, I'd rather have them just hire on a team, build this game already and I'd pony up 55-75 dollars easy for this game. I like the community aspect of this, but let's get this thing going already!

Comment

Originally posted by moistmother View Post
              . . . I like the community aspect of this, but let's get this thing going already!
              This is my end-of-the-year WTF; repeats pre-alpha mantra while hoping for Manta, takes another valium, yada . . .

Comment

Originally posted by [S]JZL View Post
                This is my end-of-the-year WTF; repeats pre-alpha mantra while hoping for Manta, takes another valium, yada . . .
                This is the Pre-Alpha, so be patient. Like any project there are priorities. You can be sure they are following a critical path plan in order to get ready for the tournament later this year. They likely have a deadline and certain metrics to meet along the way.

I am very impressed with the pre-alpha. The launcher, automatic updates, increased speed, improved movement, and the stats are connected to the account (not the alias). They are still working out the details on weapons, ammo usage, damage, splash, etc. It's very early in the development.

Comment

Working...
                X