Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

install completed, "online service currently unavailable..."

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    install completed, "online service currently unavailable..."

    So I reinstalled this game just today and after I put in my profile name and password it says 'Error' 'The online service is currently unavailable. Please wait and try reconnecting again.'

    wtf is goin on?

    #2
    Did you get the GS patch too? Are you running through steam? If so go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries and make a shortcut of UT3.exe on your desktop. Close steam & run the game. You don't need steam to run UT3.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
      Did you get the GS patch too? Are you running through steam? If so go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries and make a shortcut of UT3.exe on your desktop. Close steam & run the game. You don't need steam to run UT3.
      What's the GS patch? I didn't register my copy with Steam I bought 2 copies of the game, one is an ultimate version or something.. the other is a regular version.. i think the one came with a UT3 shirt which I was proudly wearing today

      Comment


        #4
        It's stickied in the UT3 General Chat at the top of the list. How could you miss it?

        Comment


          #5
          Is Beer Drinkers still around? wait, does anyone still play? are the the official epic greed servers still around?

          Comment


            #6
            Gamespy went dark, so you need to install a new UT3.exe file that has the new master server stuff in it. You will be glad you did. Beer Drinkers is up and running with increased player count since the UT4 anouncement.

            The sticky is at the top of the page.

            https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...1#post31829891

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
              Gamespy went dark, so you need to install a new UT3.exe file that has the new master server stuff in it. You will be glad you did. Beer Drinkers is up and running with increased player count since the UT4 anouncement.

              The sticky is at the top of the page.

              https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...1#post31829891
              I've got it installed and working. How much of our old ini files will work with this new way of playing UT3 ???

              Comment


                #8
                Nothing in the game has changed at all. All the "patch" does is connect you to the new master server.

                Comment


                  #9
                  The ini's are same as before. Only thing is no more stats, friends, leaderboards, rank, elo, all the game spy specific stuff is dead.

                  Favorites and history work as long as the servers are patched. No negative issues I am aware of.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                    The ini's are same as before. Only thing is no more stats, friends, leaderboards, rank, elo, all the game spy specific stuff is dead.

                    Favorites and history work as long as the servers are patched. No negative issues I am aware of.
                    What ini holds all the weapon + key bindings? I've looked through the few that I thought would have it but they don't seem to have my old settings

                    Comment


                      #11
                      If when you create your new account, use the exact name as your old name & all your settings will be the same.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by UTPlayer529th View Post
                        What ini holds all the weapon + key bindings? I've looked through the few that I thought would have it but they don't seem to have my old settings
                        UTinput.ini has the key bindings. I always keep backups of my ini files just in case something happens. Then you never need to input your key code or password, just copy over the backups.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X