UT3 needs some advertising!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'm in central United States (central time zone). CTF is a dead sport. We have CTF maps on our VCTF & Greed servers. You can add CTF maps to VCTF by editing the UTGame.ini file. Change these settings:

[UTVehicleCTFGame_Content UTUIDataProvider_GameModeInfo]
    GameMode=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Content
    GameSettingsClass=UTGameSettingsVCTF
    GameSearchClass=UTGameSearchVCTF
    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.GameTyp es.VCTF>
    DefaultMap=VCTF-Corruption
    Prefixes=VCTF|CTF
    OptionSet=VCTF
    IconImage=UI_HUD.HUD.UI_HUD_BaseD
    IconU=230
    IconV=76
    IconUL=104
    IconVL=113

Our VCTF server has active admins & if you notice anything funny from someone just ask about it in game & an admin will help you. I don't play any particular time. I rarely play during the week especially since I've been working overtime at my job. When I get home I'm dead tired & don't feel much like doing anything or I'll work on a project. I'm going to try to get a bunch of the Hedsteem VCTF players together one night & maybe get a few hours of play in. I'll post here when I get something set up. Sorry for not answering you. I didn't realize you were talking to me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ Rumple
    • I'm not blaming you
    • im just asking you to consider the fact that your work has had more of an influence on UT3 than everyone- else in the entire community
    • if you made rumple's arena for UT4 today in 1 hr. It would be there in 10 years time lool

if anything its a compliment

- p.s.
    i should add...My first map was truly awful and it was the most popular vctf map for about 1+ year (on our server, when it was actually popular )...lol ffs
    infact it was so bad that people hate me even today because it was so popular..lol.
    It's the reason i strive to try my best in some areas & the reason i can improve anyone's map no matter how experienced the dev. (visuals/ optimisation/ technical ability i will always find something).. because everyone was so hard on me

anyway:

why you not answer my Questions?

- @ Revilition

- CTF map yes please... but in my experience it is better to finish what you started with your DM map first... (which i have never done, i always change projects 90% through lol)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Arena of Death was my first UT3 map. The ORIGINAL was small & made for 12 players because in the beginning, that's about how many people from our community that had the game. For all the criticism & **** i got for that map, it turned out to be one of the most re-done UT3 maps. Our players suffer the same problem. Play the same maps over & over again. We have close to 300 maps on our VCTF server but the same 4 or 5 maps get played to death, which is why I rarely play VCTF anymore. That & I'm tired of the same linear gameplay. Don't blame me for Arena of Death. Blame the other 50 people that make remake after remake after remake, & the people that play the same maps over & over again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Go for it. There are still people appreciating new maps including me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LOL reading all that makes me drop the deathmatch map i'm developing to priorize a CTF/VCTF map, which for me is fine, i was already planning make a my version of Suspense based on the visual of New Seoul from Cloud Atlas movie.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    few things i forgot to add:

1. What time zone are you in?
    2. approx.when do you play?
    [i joined a few times but it was empty ]
    3. Are you interested in runnning a CTF server? - so i can compare ping/ stability

CTF is the least populated game type, but i feel it can be the most competitive.
    The reason its empty? (i do not know), but i suspect a huge factor is the Stock maps, they are not great & it is easier for new people to get kills on "vctf-sh|t_maps"

i would like to start playing again, but after 2 days being back i have already seen the same sh|t maps 50 times, hackers, campers, team stackers, insults, spawn killing etc..
    & on a rare occasion some sortv'e friendly faces too
    * the problem we have, sadly, was pointed out by the troll. we are preaching to the converted
    even Epic community server is empty 24/7

even helping people on these forums turns into people not being able to take an outsider opinion and trolls spamming text.
    sidenote:
    for a long time i was looking forward to new UT, but i can see what is going to happen and don't think i want to be a part of it.
    - people will continue this crappy behaviour whilst others slave away trying to improve stuff. then the game will be released and this sub-humans will join again.

Please please please rumple, never release a map like rumple's arena ever again.. Please

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hedsteem View Post
    Nah Rump, Hes just lonely playing on 32 Slot Epic WarFail by himself.
    #umadbro Again you see your just talking to each other. I will bump your advertisement. When I learn to spam rockets I will journey to other servers. :+)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by geronaho View Post
    i am new w
    Nah Rump, Hes just lonely playing on 32 Slot Epic WarFail by himself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Riddle me this Batman? Checking gametracker on my server I've found that 340 different people have joined my server. I've been checking player numbers per server on gametracker nightly, & there are no more than 10 - 50 players on at any given time. I realize that some of that is due to different time zones but I've checked at different times over the weekend & there are long stretches of time where no one was playing. So where are all the players???
    http://www.gametracker.com/server_in...chpge=7#search

P.S. Gametracker stats were reset after the gs patch & our servers were patched the day the patch was released.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
    Then why are you here? Do you even play the game? Are you just here to share your "wisdumb" or just another troll?
    i am new w

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Then why are you here? Do you even play the game? Are you just here to share your "wisdumb" or just another troll?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
    What do you mean exactly? I want to build the player base back up. If you do nothing, nothing will happen.
    You see all the people participating in this thread. Good luck. he's dead jim

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by geronaho View Post
    Why advertise something that does not improve anything?
    What do you mean exactly? I want to build the player base back up. If you do nothing, nothing will happen.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why advertise something that does not improve anything?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The reason i did not not join your community in the early days was because of the huge amount of modified Content, the modifications themselves and due to poor internet/ PC, not being able to download the files and having to use cache was a contributing factor.
    - so to sum it up, personal preference and tech. i could have given it more of a chance...
    Your work is Truly impressive, but it's to the point that it's almost a full conversion. I like the idea of having 'One game to rule them all' and for me that game would be Just Unreal Content from over the years, with fixes.
    for others they might want something different (to spam **** on **** maps)

* then we have the huge problem, the so called "players" themselves.
    * People play **** maps over and over, as highlighted by the above comment and the gametracker surveys from over 7 years

* even if you balance the **** maps and make them playable, people don't play them and cannot be bothered to wait to d/l irrelevant of internet speed or hardware.
    The generations have changed and UT failed to influence them.
    crappy servers running shoebox basically destroyed UT3 and continue to keep it in the most unwanted list.

and don't forget i helped thousands of new people in UT3 for years (warfare), attempted to root out cheaters and team stackers, before i became cynical. Although cynical is the wrong word, because it implies my thoughts would be incorrect. which they are not.
    - we had war pugs for 2 years and that wasn't very active either

i hope those views help. and they are just views to put things into perspective nothing more and they are 100% not directed at you or your server. maybe they will help you obtain a re-birth in UT3.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X