UT3 needs some advertising!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 needs some advertising!

The player base of this game is at an all time low. We need to get everyone that still plays to come up with some creative ways to spread the news not only about the gamespy patch, but that there are still people playing. That means we're going to have to make posts in forums for other games, blogs, & use YouTube to get some of the old players back & maybe snag some new blood. There are a lot of potential players out there that would love this game but either know nothing about it, or are scared away by the games unfortunate bad reputation. Off the top of my head, YouTube would probably be one of the best ways to get players. Famous YouTubers like Bigirpal, Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, Seananners, etc get millions of views & all they do is play games & record it. If we could get even ONE of these guys to make a video about UT3 I believe the player base would at least DOUBLE over night & continue to grow. Do any of you guys have any ideas that would help get more people playing? Thanks for you time!

Rumple

I have to agree in some ways on this.
    For a long time now i have been wanting to finish so many projects i started. By the time i started to learn Unreal it was already a ghost town.

Sadly we all do different things and are at different experience levels. It will be difficult to gain such a following at this stage.
    That being said i have a huge amount of stuff i could release that might help gain some activity, although it is far behind the quality of your bloodshed gametype.

i felt bad learning my [erroneous] content had travelled all around the world, but because i didn't expect it the work wasn't always 100% effort and some things got broke and links died without me even knowing.

I would be happy to try to finish stuff and update work, then contact the Original web authors (that contacting me for my maps), i feel i owe it t to the people who downloaded my stuff

i looked at the IRC quakenet UT3 and there's only about 5 people and maybe a bot.
    - that was the same when i joined it in 2012 lol

Comment

Also i really wish i could actually use some of the amazing stuff UT3 has to offer.

New balanced and competitive maps and content.
      Being able to run a server
      Rypel Cam
      32GB RAM & video editing capabilites.
      - it took so long to build gather and learn that the game died before it had a chance for all this.
      LAN parties are always welcome at mine. if your in UK within a 200 mile radius i can pick you up in <2hrs

Comment

If we do nothing, nothing will happen.

Comment

TKBS we (Hedsteem) have a fairly large UT3 community. We have members from around the US & the UK. Feel free to drop by our servers any time. Pop, our token brit, plays our servers almost nightly with a high but decent ping. Our servers are located on the east coast. Honestly some of the european players get better pings than the west coasters. Right now we have 11 people on VCTF but on the weekends there are 20 or more. We have a lot of custom content to download so I would suggest if you haven't done so yet, adjust your cache settings to the configuration I posted in my original "Attention Warfare Players" thread. I'm going to do my best to find more players. A lot of people have this game. We just need to encourage them to get on & play.

Comment

No Rumple lets Play Suspense Over and Over And Over.

Comment

The reason i did not not join your community in the early days was because of the huge amount of modified Content, the modifications themselves and due to poor internet/ PC, not being able to download the files and having to use cache was a contributing factor.
              - so to sum it up, personal preference and tech. i could have given it more of a chance...
              Your work is Truly impressive, but it's to the point that it's almost a full conversion. I like the idea of having 'One game to rule them all' and for me that game would be Just Unreal Content from over the years, with fixes.
              for others they might want something different (to spam **** on **** maps)

* then we have the huge problem, the so called "players" themselves.
              * People play **** maps over and over, as highlighted by the above comment and the gametracker surveys from over 7 years

* even if you balance the **** maps and make them playable, people don't play them and cannot be bothered to wait to d/l irrelevant of internet speed or hardware.
              The generations have changed and UT failed to influence them.
              crappy servers running shoebox basically destroyed UT3 and continue to keep it in the most unwanted list.

and don't forget i helped thousands of new people in UT3 for years (warfare), attempted to root out cheaters and team stackers, before i became cynical. Although cynical is the wrong word, because it implies my thoughts would be incorrect. which they are not.
              - we had war pugs for 2 years and that wasn't very active either

i hope those views help. and they are just views to put things into perspective nothing more and they are 100% not directed at you or your server. maybe they will help you obtain a re-birth in UT3.

Comment

Why advertise something that does not improve anything?

Comment

Originally posted by geronaho View Post
                  Why advertise something that does not improve anything?
                  What do you mean exactly? I want to build the player base back up. If you do nothing, nothing will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                    What do you mean exactly? I want to build the player base back up. If you do nothing, nothing will happen.
                    You see all the people participating in this thread. Good luck. he's dead jim

Comment

Then why are you here? Do you even play the game? Are you just here to share your "wisdumb" or just another troll?

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                        Then why are you here? Do you even play the game? Are you just here to share your "wisdumb" or just another troll?
                        i am new w

Comment

Riddle me this Batman? Checking gametracker on my server I've found that 340 different people have joined my server. I've been checking player numbers per server on gametracker nightly, & there are no more than 10 - 50 players on at any given time. I realize that some of that is due to different time zones but I've checked at different times over the weekend & there are long stretches of time where no one was playing. So where are all the players???
                          http://www.gametracker.com/server_in...chpge=7#search

P.S. Gametracker stats were reset after the gs patch & our servers were patched the day the patch was released.

Comment

Originally posted by geronaho View Post
                            i am new w
                            Nah Rump, Hes just lonely playing on 32 Slot Epic WarFail by himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedsteem View Post
                              Nah Rump, Hes just lonely playing on 32 Slot Epic WarFail by himself.
                              #umadbro Again you see your just talking to each other. I will bump your advertisement. When I learn to spam rockets I will journey to other servers. :+)

Comment

Working...
                              X