Help - I'm stuck in slow motion! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - I'm stuck in slow motion! :(

Hi everyone. Something very strange is happening. I'm basically moving at 25% speed in game, online and offline. I reformatted my computer reinstalled windows to fix the issue, but it did nothing. I'm stuck in slow motion and other users see me moving in slow motion. What is going on? Has anyone experienced this?

Well, after 4 hours of deleting .inis, uninstalling and reinstalling UT3, updating graphics driver, wiping hard drive, reinstalling windows and game, and none of this working, I shut down, took graphics card out, blew compressed air, and put it back in. This fixed the problem, which blows my mind. Other players saw me floating around in slow motion, like there was a low gravity slow motion mutator on all servers. My FPS were completely normal, and there were no visual indications that there was an issue with my graphics card. So, anyway, just letting you know the resolution to this completely illogical problem. Strangest thing I've encountered related to hardware.

*edit* another strange thing was that my ping was lower than normal. I always ping 56-60 to the Dallas duel servers, but during this time my ping was 28 in game, in winmtr, and in command prompt.

Comment

Originally posted by Legionz View Post
      Well, after 4 hours of deleting .inis, uninstalling and reinstalling UT3, updating graphics driver, wiping hard drive, reinstalling windows and game, and none of this working, I shut down, took graphics card out, blew compressed air, and put it back in. This fixed the problem, which blows my mind. Other players saw me floating around in slow motion, like there was a low gravity slow motion mutator on all servers. My FPS were completely normal, and there were no visual indications that there was in issue with my graphics card. So, anyway, just letting you know the resolution to this completely illogical problem. Strangest thing I've encountered related to hardware.

*edit* another strange thing was that my ping was lower than normal. I always ping 56-60 to the Dallas duel servers, but during this time my ping was 28 in game, in winmtr, and in command prompt.
      Only one explanation: HAX!

Comment

did you stop downloading the **** before playing?

sounds like networking issues

Comment

Usually when this happens it's because an escaped shock combo got stuck in your PCI slot where it created a micro black hole that warped your machine's local spacetime and caused all the nearby electrons to become time-dilated, which makes everything appear to slow down, so when you unseated the card this released all the trapped Hawking radiation and allowed the singularity to evaporate.

Comment

Working...
          X