Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 officially broken on PS3.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic should give the PS3 players a free retail copy for the PC. It sucks that you guys got hosed but PC is really where the fun is!

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
      Epic should give the PS3 players a free retail copy for the PC. It sucks that you guys got hosed but PC is really where the fun is!
      I play/played the PC version, but there are some distinct differences in the game play. Those subtle but better *imo* differences are my number one reason for playing on the PS3 version. The PC is version is great, but if I had to choose, there's no contest. I have played UT3 since the week before launch (I pre-ordered a US copy), so that's nearly 7 years, and now the PS3 version is no more, a small part of my gaming life has died (actually it was the only game I played lol).

I know its a stab in the dark but I made a petition... http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/u...nt-3-ps3-patch ... If you miss UT3 on the PS3 sign it!

Comment

Technically, reviving UT3 PS3 online service is possible. But it requires some work from Shambler (wo is the only one who got master server access) and some work for each client (hosts file, DNS changes, or other tricks).

Comment

Buy a PC and a PS Controller, problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
            Epic should give the PS3 players a free retail copy for the PC.
            *This*

Heck they practically give it away on Steam sales anyway, so PS3 owners should get some love on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedsteem View Post
              Buy a PC and a PS Controller, problem solved.
              already there my friend ;0)

I played for a few hours the other day, poorly in comparison (lol) against the PC users. It was like a whole new experience, but still fun. As I said earlier, the controls are subtly different, ie on PS3 dodge is simply jump with left/right, allowing you to 'skip' along sideways at speed (on the pc dodge is a double tap left/right, which you cannot do on a pad effortlessly (maybe with a config tweak?). Wall jumping appears to be different. Is it possible to double jump to wall jump on the PC? I tried for several minutes and got nothing. Jump to wall jump works, but not double jump to wall jump. On the PS3 those 'special' jumps are essential for many maps. (maybe they were unique to PS3? idk).

On a plus side... two weeks off UT3 has improved my carpal tunnel ;0)

Comment

Jump > Walldodge
                Jump > Jump > Walldodge
                Hoverboard > Dodge
                Hoverboard > Hoverboard-off > Wallddodge
                Hoverboard > Jump > Hoverboard-off > Wallddodge
                ... but no Dogde-into-Hoverboard > Hoverboard-off > Walldodge ... as 2 dodges are not possible without touching the ground again

Btw. you have now Crouch . No more Auto crouch. You can use crouch to not fall of ledges (and of course lower your foosteps sound). Movement is completely different (judging from Xbox360). So you might have to experience a bit with it. On consoles you are likely moving in the direction you're looking. On PC, you are moving in any direction and looking in a complete opposite/different direction, turning your character is also much quicker. And yes, UT3 runs also on higher speed on PC (PS3: 1.0x, PC: 1.1x).

You can also now use Crouch on hoverboard which tends to be a bit quicker and forces the player to drive into the current direction. That mode is alo needed for the hoverboard tricks. Not sure if you can do this on consoles.

Speaking of hoverboard, you can aslo get a free-camera while driving into on direction with the hoverboard. Driving into on direction, holding RMB and turn your mouse.

Comment

Besides ut3mod.com, I just found another site with more custom PS3 UT3 maps to download (mapraider.com). So I won't miss online play that much.

Comment

woohoo ... 11 signatures and counting... (face palm)

Comment

Originally posted by ffrr View Post
                      woohoo ... 11 signatures and counting... (face palm)
                      still have a couple of months left on my clanwarz server if it's needed by anybody clever enough to fix this....and ffrr,miss killing each other my friend...always ggs

Comment

Just an quick update. I'm not throwing the towel in just yet, I have so much on my plate right now with, work, life, more work etc (I have extra plates!), but where there's a will there's a way, and I will not give up until I know for sure! ;0)

Comment

Missing UT3 PS3 multiplayer

It would be great to have a multiplayer patch for UT3 on PS3. I know it's an older game but I played it every day since I got it because of the multiplayer option!

I don't have a powerful enough PC to play UT3. I got a new graphics card but it still looks rubbish compared to PS3. Until UT4 comes out, we have no multiplayer option.

Aren't Epic worried that people will drift away from UT3 and play games like COD and Destiny on PS4 and when UT4 comes out they will have lost their Playstation customer base?

Comment

I'm pretty upset about this. Everyone says get the pc version. I however cannot run ut on my pc. Plain and simple. I figured there would be a fix for this but obviously plenty of people who have the power to fix this simply don't care. I'll just cake on the lube now while I can. Thanks for nothing Epic. Peace...

Comment

You should watch the latest Announcement for Unreal Tournament; That will give you an indication of how to communicate effectively with Epic and how they have no reason to see "your emotion" being present within a post on their forums.
                              ^^ i found that to be informative yet contradictory to their UX:User Experience Analysis, me thinks the psychologists should take a rest and let the social theorists into the HQ.
                              • I was slightly shocked they had 3 video's on the trot asking for people in forums to communicate without emotion, which is a natural occurrence from Competitive nature, something they ironically are trying to promote
                              • I am like you a PS3 UT3 fan so don't take my comments the wrong way. i own 3 PS3's and they are all £300+ Paperweights because they were UT3 machines. Yep over £1000 worth of nothing now.
                              • I do know that their are people in UT3 community who would help you if they could, so keep the faith!(and i suppose be thankful we had UT3 PS3 to begin with )

no more UT3 single player mods online - that really frustrates me at this point.

Comment

Fixing the PS3 would include 2 tasks:
                                1. Providing a patch for PS3
                                2. Create a PS3 master server

The first point will likely never happen. The second one needs Shambler as he's the person who worked on or created the new master server AFAIK (maybe based on the one from UT2004).

As Epic might not provide a patch for the PS3 version, you have to manually route the data from your PS3 to the new master server.
                                Code:
                                199.255.40.175          ut3pc.available.gamespy.com
                                199.255.40.175          ut3pc.master.gamespy.com
                                199.255.40.175          gpcm.gamespy.com
                                199.255.40.175          gpsp.gamespy.com

# not sture what's the main master as there could have been more
                                199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms0.gamespy.com

# Uncomment following lines to use these master servers as well
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms1.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms2.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms3.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms4.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms5.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms6.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms7.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms8.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms9.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms10.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms11.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms12.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms13.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms14.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms15.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms16.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms17.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms18.gamespy.com
                                #199.255.40.175          ut3pc.ms19.gamespy.com
                                This works for PC. 199.255.40.175 is the IP behind u3.epicgames.com (which is the new master server). It allows having the game not patched but able to login (tested server browser with only the ms0 master server and it did not work). The routing for the PS3 would be ut3ps3 instead of ut3pc.

You can enter that entries into the hosts file and test it on your PC. If you got a 2nd network adapter you can use that adapter to share the connection from your other adapter with the PS3 by connecting the cable from your PS3 to your 2nd adapter. Another option would be using a DNS server which needs to be entered as a DNS server in your router. Whenever any device in your home network tries to connect to a GameSpy address, the will be redirected to the one from EpicGames.

Creating a workaround for the PS3 would be hard work and includes various steps to reproduce the GameSpy service. It's not worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X