Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 officially broken on PS3.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 officially broken on PS3.

[UPDATE] Apparently it's been fixed, see post #9

Apparently the PS3 version's affected too:

To add insult to injury, system link doesn't work....as it wants you to use a SEN account, so no lan tunnelers.

Unless UT3 gets a PS3 patch, your disc is now a paperweight.

I use my PS3 as a Hot plate anyway and now I have a matching coaster!

Comment

PC is where it's at anyways. Get the PC version & enjoy every mod ever made!

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
        PC is where it's at anyways. Get the PC version & enjoy every mod ever made!
        This! <and enjoy the game in all its potential & IMHO how it was meant to be played, I have both PS/3 and PC versions; truthfully my 9 year old is the only one who plays the console version in our house the other 5 of us play on PC's>

While I feel too many significant compromises were made to make UT3 cross platform compatible I can still see OP's concern, Epic is the best company of any video game company there is and supports their products with a level above and beyond any other company. If you can bring this issue to the attention of the right people / person maybe Epic can do something about it .. maybe not though due to the obvious inherent limitations of the console. I'll PM someone and ask them to look at this.

Comment

Yup, I already own it on PC. I just posted it here since the PS3 version did still have a few people on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gligar13 View Post
            Yup, I already own it on PC. I just posted it here since the PS3 version did still have a few people on it.
            a lot of tears shed in our little ps3 community.....any help would be appreciated

Comment

• I asked nicely for the source code, i asked nicely for the Hex Key for the master server.. i got nothing.
              • You can send an email to Warner Bro's they are a good company and maybe receiving 1000 emails from PS3 users they might put a tick up Epic to fix it.

• Problem = <100 active PS3 user's so .....

- i posted to Flak about unaswered UT3 forums Q's and i got
              "the GOW forums are closed" - or words to that effect lol- poor stacey must be working too hard..

The only reason i own 4 PS3's is because of 4 copies of UT3 - looks like back to PS2 Networked with FreeMCBoot

edit:
              i have not actually tried a PS3 server since the Patch - have you tried networking your PS3 to your PC and then inviting friends... FreeMCBoot and something like Hamtachi (if there is a ps3 version)
              may be able to do this [but i haven't cracked a PS3 to try yet- still need a re-ball kit]

Comment

Edit +:
                I get an error message when installing UT3 PS3 dedi server:"This package is already installed" well it sure aint installed so i don't think i can try.
                - I might be able to find an Old HD with a pre-installed PS3 server but i do not know if Copy/Paste will work.

- just make sure server admin have registered their emails using the fake "createaccount.bat" system and post what has been tried until more info is provided

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                  Edit +:
                  I get an error message when installing UT3 PS3 dedi server:"This package is already installed" well it sure aint installed so i don't think i can try.
                  - I might be able to find an Old HD with a pre-installed PS3 server but i do not know if Copy/Paste will work.

- just make sure server admin have registered their emails using the fake "createaccount.bat" system and post what has been tried until more info is provided
                  ut3 ps3 is back up......not sure who's responsible or if it's temporary....but thanks

Comment

awesome glad you go t it sorted, poke the OP to get a [Solved] tag added , sadly i still cannot install the PS3 server, no idea why. maybe left over reg files from before or something

Edit:
                    I copy/Paste the server files from another location and PS3 server works without the Gamespy patch
                    - i do not know why it says the server was already installed though, confusion with the PC version so for Server owners in teh future i recommend installing the PS3 server first , then the game and PC server if you run those aswel.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdslayer View Post
                      ut3 ps3 is back up......not sure who's responsible or if it's temporary....but thanks
                      Awesome news!

Comment

Been down for two days. I've been doing some reading on this, today, and I'm not impressed as of yet. I will remain hopeful though.... Plus its not just UT3, there are a lot of other PS3 games using gamespy servers being dealt this card.

Comment

Originally posted by ffrr View Post
                          Been down for two days. I've been doing some reading on this, today, and I'm not impressed as of yet. I will remain hopeful though.... Plus its not just UT3, there are a lot of other PS3 games using gamespy servers being dealt this card.
                          yep down again.....anybody know if this is temporary?

Comment

Gamespy has shut down for good. PS3 players, as far as I know, are just out of luck.

Comment

Yep....everytime I clicked 'multiplayer', nothing. Sucks.

At least I still have plenty of custom maps to enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X