What's your favorite Warfare map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about something like this?

PowerCoreAttackedString="Blue Core under Attack!" - "Blue Core Draining!
    PowerCoreDestroyedString="Blue Core Destroyed" < leave the same
    PowerCoreCriticalString="Blue Core is Critical!" < leave the same
    PowerCoreVulnerableString="Blue Core Vulnerable!" - "Blue Core Will Begin Draining!"
    PowerCoreDamagedString="Blue Core is Heavily Damaged!" < leave the same
    PowerCoreNoHealString="You cannot heal your Core!"
    PowerCoreSecureString="Blue Core is Secure." < leave the same

Depending on how much damage that the core takes over time, you can set up core percent damage announcement in kismet easily.

Comment

Originally posted by geronaho View Post
      That is all the players left after the new patch. o

#truth

oh btw

gerenity and floodgate are the only warfare maps worth playing.

ihitscans
      Haha all the players left a long time ago sadly.

Favorite stock: War-Downtown: Classic map. Plenty of orb routes and there isn't too much open space so the vehicles don't over power the map...unless you drive the tank in a prime xD. Also a big fan of the "standard" node layout of Core -> Prime -> Center -> E Prime -> E Core and a countdown/side node.

Favorite custom: War-Valley (shout out to Cr4zyB4st4rd). Map was unique but still balanced and had a standard node layout.

Least favorite stock: War-Avalanche: way too unbalanced. Necris side is far superior. I also prefer symmetrical maps, including layout, weapons, and vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
        How about something like this?

PowerCoreAttackedString="Blue Core under Attack!" - "Blue Core Draining!
        PowerCoreDestroyedString="Blue Core Destroyed" < leave the same
        PowerCoreCriticalString="Blue Core is Critical!" < leave the same
        PowerCoreVulnerableString="Blue Core Vulnerable!" - "Blue Core Will Begin Draining!"
        PowerCoreDamagedString="Blue Core is Heavily Damaged!" < leave the same
        PowerCoreNoHealString="You cannot heal your Core!"
        PowerCoreSecureString="Blue Core is Secure." < leave the same

Depending on how much damage that the core takes over time, you can set up core percent damage announcement in kismet easily.
        Yeah, that's something that can be done. I'll open up Kismet and see what I can do. Map is looking pretty good now.

Originally posted by Infra` View Post
        Haha all the players left a long time ago sadly.

Favorite stock: War-Downtown: Classic map. Plenty of orb routes and there isn't too much open space so the vehicles don't over power the map...unless you drive the tank in a prime xD. Also a big fan of the "standard" node layout of Core -> Prime -> Center -> E Prime -> E Core and a countdown/side node.

Favorite custom: War-Valley (shout out to Cr4zyB4st4rd). Map was unique but still balanced and had a standard node layout.

Least favorite stock: War-Avalanche: way too unbalanced. Necris side is far superior. I also prefer symmetrical maps, including layout, weapons, and vehicles.
        I think Avalanche could be fixed if the Axon side had more mantas, they are vehicles critical to the success to the team. Part of the reason why the Necris side is so successful is because they have many Vipers. It's all about tow/taxi vehicles IMO. The other vehicles on both sides have advantages and disadvantages that might make balancing difficult, but I think tow vehicles would help massively to making the map more balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by slik_sh00ter View Post
          I think Avalanche could be fixed if the Axon side had more mantas, they are vehicles critical to the success to the team. Part of the reason why the Necris side is so successful is because they have many Vipers. It's all about tow/taxi vehicles IMO. The other vehicles on both sides have advantages and disadvantages that might make balancing difficult, but I think tow vehicles would help massively to making the map more balanced.
          Avalanche is balanced. Its problem is the difficulty of discovering that the map's balance depends entirely on those two Scorpions.

A savvy Axon side will park the Scorpions forward at Center, defensively spraying the all incoming Vipers. Teammates on foot behind them steal a Viper or two — and just like that, the tables are turned.

Comment

Onyxcoast
            ArcticStronghold
            Torlan Necris

Spambox
            W00t

Comment

Originally posted by slik_sh00ter View Post
              Definitely agree that Avalanche would be more balanced if the Axon side had additional vehicles or just more mantas. I like the idea behind Avalanche having unique sides in that it brings a sense of having to adjust your strategy when playing depending on whether you are Axon or Necris (similar to having to adjust your strategy in Islander, depending what side you are on). That said, I don't think there is a place for asymmetrical maps as far as layout or weapons/vehicles go in competitive play b/c the map is no longer "fair." Both teams need to have a level playing field so to speak. With Avalanche for example, how do you decide for a competitive match who gets to start off on the Necris side? No one is going to want to choose Axon, and the reality is is that in a 6v6 match with equally skilled players, the Necris side should always win the round.

Originally posted by Veggie_D View Post
              Avalanche is balanced. Its problem is the difficulty of discovering that the map's balance depends entirely on those two Scorpions.

A savvy Axon side will park the Scorpions forward at Center, defensively spraying the all incoming Vipers. Teammates on foot behind them steal a Viper or two — and just like that, the tables are turned.
              So, I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that relying on the two scorpions being used correctly proves that Avalanche is unbalanced. Especially in public matches, where no one is using teamspeak/ventrilo to communicate. Since players are just running around doing their own thing, there isn't really a "team" strategy while playing, and a very low chance that the scorpions will be used effectively. My preferred approach for Avalanche would be for both sides to have the same mixture of Axon and Necris vehicles. Realize this changes the map's dynamic but I think it would be more fair. Only my opinion though.

Comment

Some of these maps aren't suppose to be balanced, which I think is part of the assault tinge. WAR-Island sure isn't, nor is it symmetrical.

Favorite is WAR-Serenity. It's big. It's purdee. It has all the old Axon vehicles except the Raptor. Has balance. Has plenty o' routes. Has fling-able orb play. The underground route is a nice touch and they were smart enough to put the deemer down there instead of say, on top of the plateau behind the lev node.

Least favorite is WAR-Hostile. It's linear, the vehicles and load-outs suck. Etc.

Comment

I recently played WAR-Serenity for the first time & I have to say the leviathan completely ruins the map. You get a bunch of bots in that thing & you are completely screwed! It's hard to get a shot on & you have to unload on it for 20 minutes to take it down. Most of the stock war maps have lousy weapon loadouts & putting weapon pickup bases in random places with important weapons like avrils is dumb. Anti-vehicle weapons should be in ALL spawn areas in a vehicle based game. Having to run around playing scavenger hunt for important weapons is a big time waster especially when orbs can change the game instantly.

Comment

Working...
                  X