This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hedsteem View Post
    @Shambler are all the Cd-Key hashes different now? I noticed the Unique Id's in the Webadmin only have 3 Chars now. Just wondering.
    The master server isn't tied to a CD Key database now, so unfortunately yes, this is very different and unique id's are per-account now; this is going to create a greater reliance on IP-based bans.

Comment

Ok Well I tested the Ban and it work are u saying that, If they create a new Username the Hash will be different?

Comment

Ok Well I tested the Ban and it work are u saying that, If they create a new Username the Hash will be different?
        Yes, pretty much.

Comment

just Tested It with a Different account, CD-Hash Stayed the Same in Webadmin Under a different user name.

Comment

Ok Thanks Bubba for the 3810 Fix, Now we just have to get Gametracker off their asses.
            Feel free to post here, more activity on the subject the better: http://www.gametracker.com/forums/fo...1&thread=94047

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
            The current one will work taffy, but we are looking to get up the 3810 version which will include the exploit patch. I have spoken with John at NFO and he is ready whenever we are to make the switch.
            Thanks for that, would be great to see the GS update on 3810. Name the .zip UT3_GS_Patch_3810.zip... ???

Comment

just Tested It with a Different account, CD-Hash Stayed the Same in Webadmin Under a different user name.
              I assume the CD-Hash is the same as the PlayerReplicationInfo.UniqueId value - if so, I just tested that there on a server and it was different between accounts

Comment

Oh wait, on a closer look, that is different to the hash - cool. So yes, you can keep doing cd key hash bans

Comment

Originally posted by Shambler View Post
                  I assume the CD-Hash is the same as the PlayerReplicationInfo.UniqueId value - if so, I just tested that there on a server and it was different between accounts
                  Weird, Im using a custom Player Access Controller so..that might be it. But I Did make 2 Separate accounts and They BOTH had the same Hash NOT Unique Id on Both accounts.

HAHA Rock on Brother!

Comment

Ah, ninja'd you there you're right, cd hash bans will still work, just unique id's will be different.

Comment

Originally posted by WishfulThinking View Post
                      Thanks for that, would be great to see the GS update on 3810. Name the .zip UT3_GS_Patch_3810.zip... ???
                      Yeah the original post has been edited to show the links to the 3810 patch.

Comment

Oh, so it was done already?. **** they moved fast.

Would apply it immediately, though we're trying to resolve the issue over on GameTracker, so we can save some stats.

Comment

Nice, thanks!

Comment

Note sure if these would work with the new master server but could you also apply the fix to the other older versions (and v1.0)?

Comment

Hey Shambler when are u guys rolling this out to the Steam Clients?

Comment

We'll send the newest file to Steam as soon as we're sure everything is ok. They usually take a few days to update though.

Thanks for all of your help everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X