This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
    ... trying to help make community better.
    Here here! For a 7 year old game we are getting some good fan-based love! Thank you all for that.

-quirk

P.S. Is there anything in this patch that will degrade the sniper aiming of players like Zeytoon and Geronaho ... cuz I really need that

Comment

@Bubbaxm2
      In case of problems. This thread is not always good to provide private (and maybe sensitive data). Who did the fix (looks like Shambler)? What happens if we got problems with 3rd party game server providers and they need some guidance. It's just about there should be person to speech to (if it's not Flak anymore for this specific case).

So much is in relation to the GameSpy subsystem. For instance, the chat system (in-game chat as well as private messages) are handled and permitted by that system. Not sure if the SubSystem is always allowing communication by default, but once the connection to the subsystem breaks, a player could not get any in-game messages.
      Reference:

Spoiler

And yes, I know only the master server is exchanged currently, but some of the functions are still referencing a GameSpy service which will be unavailable in some days.

PS: If i'm not willing to help or care about the community, I wouldn't ask that much.

Comment

wel atleast hedsteeem server are showing now server list

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
          PS: If i'm not willing to help or care about the community, I wouldn't ask that much.
          There is no doubt that you care and help, I can testify about it (you helped so much before with unrealscripts ..).

It looks to me that this is a quick fix (and maybe dirty) for the moment to keep UT3 running. The issues that you are addressing are serious, but they can be resolved with help of community and maybe some inside men afterwards.

Comment

Ok I got all Of Mine In the New System..I had to Use the Mutator Loader for it to work..I guess because this EXE is extremely Old build and It Breaks the Advertisement because i have so many Custom Mods. We Need to Have the EXE Updated to the 3810 Please. Not 3809.

Comment

Originally posted by nohairs View Post
              P.S. Is there anything in this patch that will degrade the sniper aiming of players like Zeytoon and Geronaho ... cuz I really need that
              i snipes like wesley

Comment

Ok Thanks Bubba for the 3810 Fix, Now we just have to get Gametracker off their asses.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
                  The current one will work taffy, but we are looking to get up the 3810 version which will include the exploit patch. I have spoken with John at NFO and he is ready whenever we are to make the switch.
                  Thank you sir

Comment

Taffy, if you go ahead and recreate your same username and password from your command line on the new master server, you may not even need to do anything once it gets patched.

Comment

I'm just curious...
                      Who's in charge of doing the official work? Zeytun, Shambler, Bubbaxm2, ...
                      Ah, I did the master server rewrite, so I'm in charge of checking out and getting fixed, any issues that crop up (though I'm not an experienced server admin, so really appreciate the help others give in helping people resolve the server setup issues, so I can concentrate on possible master server issues )

Comment

Originally posted by nerd3 View Post
                        Any news for us PS3 players? Unfortunately we can't just replace an .exe (or any file for that matter) so we'll need an official patch or some kind of a mutator. Also, some of us run dedicated servers hosted on PCs which will require a special build of the .exe. We may need to coordinate the change with the hosting company as well. Thanks...
                        Unfortunately there won't be an update for PS3 players - sorry, out of my control.

Comment

Shambler, RattlesSN4K3 has some good ideas that you may want to take a look at for other issues that may occur when GS goes away for good. Talented individual for sure!

Comment

@Bubbaxm2
                            In case of problems. This thread is not always good to provide private (and maybe sensitive data). Who did the fix (looks like Shambler)? What happens if we got problems with 3rd party game server providers and they need some guidance. It's just about there should be person to speech to (if it's not Flak anymore for this specific case).

So much is in relation to the GameSpy subsystem. For instance, the chat system (in-game chat as well as private messages) are handled and permitted by that system. Not sure if the SubSystem is always allowing communication by default, but once the connection to the subsystem breaks, a player could not get any in-game messages.
                            Reference:

Spoiler

And yes, I know only the master server is exchanged currently, but some of the functions are still referencing a GameSpy service which will be unavailable in some days.

That's a good point alright, and there are going to be many things that break (mainly main menu friends/stats stuff), because only a handful of the most essential GameSpy subsystems have been re-implemented - this particular issue though, will be ok, as the CanCommunicate code doesn't affect the PC.

I have tested this offline though, with no access to the Internet (just running the master server locally), and all of the core essential functionality seems to remain intact.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedsteem View Post
                              Ok Thanks Bubba for the 3810 Fix, Now we just have to get Gametracker off their asses.
                              Glad I could help, and thank you for your help as well!

Comment

@Shambler are all the Cd-Key hashes different now? I noticed the Unique Id's in the Webadmin only have 3 Chars now. Just wondering.

Comment

Working...
                                X