Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gamespy Patch Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shambler View Post
    Will likely be doing some maintenance on the master server tomorrow, which will cause a single 'duplicate login' error when the master server is taken down - will try to do it at a time when the least players are online.
    Sham, Great Work Maintaining the boss..Appreciate it. Please Do your Maint In the Afternoon...Dont Kill us on Prime time East Coast Time. Most of Us Americans Work for a Living.

Comment

Okey, updating this now - will get a single duplicate login.

Comment

Alright, that's done there.

You can now delete accounts: To do so, follow these steps:
        1: Click the 'Create Profile' button on the login menu (need to logout from the main menu if currently logged in)
        2: In the Create Profile menu, type the name of the account you want to delete, put in anything for the password (e.g. '1'), and for the email, type 'DeleteAccount'
        3: When you try to create the profile, if it successfully deleted the account it will tell you profile creation was successful, then it will attempt to log you in, and this will fail (which is normal, since the account is now deleted).
        If there was an error, such as an account that does not exist, the create profile menu will tell you that the username is invalid.

Comment

Thank you so much Shambler!

Comment

Originally posted by Shambler View Post
            Alright, that's done there.
            2: In the Create Profile menu, type the name of the account you want to delete, put in anything for the password (e.g. '1'), and for the email, type 'DeleteAccount'
            ...ehm. How do you verify that the one is allowed to delete that account if the password is not entered? Didn't you forget checking the authorization deleting the account. This doesn't work for "Forget my password".

Isn't it just easier to send an email with a 1-time-link to the entered email.

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
              ...ehm. How do you verify that the one is allowed to delete that account if the password is not entered? Didn't you forget checking the authorization deleting the account. This doesn't work for "Forget my password".

Isn't it just easier to send an email with a 1-time-link to the entered email.
              It checks against your CD Key - so you can delete any account so long as it matches your key.

Comment

Right. I forgot that. ^^

It works well so far.

Comment

question are you limited to who you can play with on the servers
                  Ex:
                  you get a .exe for one server and your friend gets a .exe fix for another server

(referanceing this page http://epicgames.com/community/2014/...espy-shutdown/
                  this area http://gyazo.com/018fa737365ac6585951c1c719c4755b)

Comment

There is only one fix. This same fix is applied to all possible versions (exe files). The server exe, the client exe and the linux binary file. For this momement, using the old exe file (without the fix) won't work anymore since GameSpy has shutdown its services.

If you don't run a "Windows dedidcated server", you don't need to install "Windows Server Patches". If you installed UT3 through DVD, Steam or an ISO file you just have to apply the "Client Patches" (even if it's called Patches there is only one and there is no difference in the hosted files).

Comment

I reformatted and forgot my password I used after I made an account in the game. I can't log in now. How do I recover my forgotten password?

Comment

Originally posted by isolated1 View Post
                        I reformatted and forgot my password I used after I made an account in the game. I can't log in now. How do I recover my forgotten password?
                        https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...d-Look-in-here

Comment

Hi Folks
                          I put the gamespy patch in and I get a msi icon instead of the ut3.exe icon
                          so what am I doing wrong
                          thanks for the help in advance
                          have a great day

Comment

If you are unsure, it may be best that you use the auto patcher that rattlesnake built. You can find that in the first post as well as a tutorial in the troubleshooting section.

Comment

That was probably his intention. But the text in the first post is misleading.

(Links removed)
                              Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
                              For those of you that are unsure about doing this, RATTLEsn4k3 has turned this into a nice little executable for everyone to use that will patch it for you without the need to replace the original exe manually.You can get that here:

UT3PatchGS_21.exe

or here:

UT3GS Executable.zip
                              The 2nd link is not the same file as the first link. "UT3GS Executable.zip" is not even the executable, it's an installer. Not sure if it's an offset patcher, but the file size is too low to actually replace the exe file. Don't know who put that together, but it's not affiliated with me.

Comment

Well let me remove it till I figure our where it came from. That post has been edited so many times things may have gotten jumbled.

Comment

Working...
                                X