Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gamespy Patch Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldn't this be in the Official Messages forum? People aren't seeing it in the general chat apparently.

Comment

I can add something there.

Comment

I've been seeing people making new threads complaining about not being able to log in before actually looking to see if something has changed. Maybe call it the "WTF WHY CAN'T I LOG IN?!?" thread.

Comment

weird, i was thinking the same thing and the same thing is happening in the New UT forum lmao.

• Moderators really do little or no moderation what so ever. How about purging or consolidating for once?
          • Ofc the problem is also with the individual posters that do not search, or simply panic and post, renaming threads will not fix that

Seriously i could moderate the sh|t outa this forum and it would be super clean and tidy, + people would'nt need to post the same answers every other day (how to optimise a map properly for example)

An idea for web designers/ coders:
          • When you upload a video to YouTube if gives you TAGS as an option, they load as you type.

- Why doesn't some genius implement this into a web forum with a useful feature adaption:
          • Then when people start typing their threads, the tags would appear and these tags are not to add to you Post, but these tags appear as active links/ active tags that can be clicked and redirected to the search function, or a possible existed thread on the TAG/TOPIC

A bit like when RattleSN4K3 tells people to use the search function and posts that hilarious Google automatic search thing (this is not a pop at RS, i think it's a good idea that he uses is also funny)

just an idea & honestly i come up the best ideas, i just can't do any of them

Comment

I can easily say that you have no clue how much time is involved in anything you just said. You can optimize till you are blue in the face and people will still just stroll in here like they own the place demanding to know what is wrong without ever looking to see if there is already an answer.

Comment

I can easily say that you have no clue how much time is involved in anything you just said.

nice response - trying thinking not saying... i am fully aware of how long it would take, what programs could be used, and someone with the skills to do it.

- that person is however not me.
              stick your attitude up you as5 i dont deserve that comment you made... my game asks me for the CD-Key every time i load it thanks to your amazing patch

also i never said i wouldn't continue to respond to these requests, i just offered a clever way for a potential fix that others may not have thought of and you try to assess my level of understanding when you have no diea what i know or who i know LOl nice

- People in this community are truly not nice people and they wonder why i respond like i do..but still here helping right?

Comment

When you come here and say that moderators do little or no moderation whatsoever, myself and other moderators take that as an insult. That is why I said what I said, there are plenty of things that go on already that you don't see so for you to come here and insult the work that any of the VOLUNTEERS do here is just rude!

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                  my game asks me for the CD-Key every time i load it thanks to your amazing patch[/COLOR]
                  I have never seen this on the new patch. Even before it was officially released. Have you tried a clean install?

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                  - People in this community are truly not nice people and they wonder why i respond like i do..but still here helping right?
                  Actually there are a lot of nice people here. Anybody on the Epic Warfare server would offer help. Rockymountain would tell you to buy a $300 router :P even bangers would help you while he is afk for team rage. w Honestly after playing so long I can't recall any names that are mean beep beeps.

Comment

I would have to say the issue is not the patch, maybe you should search the forum and see if anyone else is having this same issue.

As far as not being nice, that isn't true either. I haven't met many great people in the world of UT and hope to meet many more. If I was not nice, I doubt I would have spent all of my time trying to help others enjoy this game to the point that I have been lucky if I have been able to enjoy more that one map myself in the past two months.

I understand that things could be tidied up a bit on the forums but we can't just go deleting and moving everyone's posts just for that reason. Everyone's posts are just as important as another to the person that posted them so to go around and delete and move them all would be more questions to answer than we currently deal with. This is not the only form that I help moderate, I help out on several, not just game related and I can assure you that no matter how tidy things are, not many if any ever use the search option or even take the time to look around a bit before posting about a problem.

Comment

I Upgraded the dedicated server with the new exe and I also created an account for that server.
                      When I start UT3 I don't see the server in the server list.

When I looked into the log files I found the following error : Scriptlog: Atttempting to re-register the game with the online service.

When I connect directly to the server I can join a game but in the logging I got the following error : Can't start an online game that hasn't been created.

What's here the problem ?

Kind regards {DCS} Matrix

Comment

Are you running the server through steam? If so... NO NO NO NO NO!

Comment

Are you running the server through steam -> No, I don't run the server through steam. So why NO NO NO, please explain

Comment

Originally posted by {DCS} Matrix View Post
                            When I looked into the log files I found the following error : Scriptlog: Atttempting to re-register the game with the online service.
                            When I connect directly to the server I can join a game but in the logging I got the following error : Can't start an online game that hasn't been created.
                            What's here the problem ?
                            Double check your registered username and password for server first, if you already replaced ut3.exe. If still not working, check your firewall or anything that can block your internet connection.

Comment

Hi Zeytun,

I created a new username and password (2 for testing) -> problem still exists

The Server is in a DMZ Zone with all ports open to the internet, no Firewall in front. The internal Firewall is also offline -> problem still exist

Kind Regards {DCS} Matrix

We found the solution to the problem :
                              1. Wrong DNS Entry in our DNS Server.
                              2. Created a new login with a non-complex password containing not the characters @_%^& and less than 8 characters.

Thanks to all the people who help

Comment

Will likely be doing some maintenance on the master server tomorrow, which will cause a single 'duplicate login' error when the master server is taken down - will try to do it at a time when the least players are online.

Comment

Working...
                                X