Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gamespy Patch Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
    Here is the Clientside log:
    ScriptLog: Retrieving Profile Settings for UI PlayerIndex 0
    Log: Changing subtitle setting, new value: 0
    ScriptLog: UTPlayerController - Setting netspeed to 15000
    ScriptLog: OnlineStats::OnReadComplete was not successful
    Log: Browse: 74.91.120.104/DM-AOD-OfficePG?name=k0oK?team=1
    Init: WinSock: Socket queue 32768 / 32768
    NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection_1 74.91.120.104:7777 07/27/14 13:54:32
    Log: -->"No connection" error [Sorry, you do not appear to be authorized to play this game on Steam at this time.]
    ScriptLog: NOTIFYCONNECTIONERROR UTEntryPlayerController_1::NotifyConnectionError Message:'Sorry, you do not appear to be authorized to play this game on Steam at this time.' Title:'Connection failed'
    ScriptLog: UTEntryPlayerController::QuitToMainMenu() - Quitting to main menu.
    ScriptLog: UTEntryPlayerController::QuitToMainMenu() - Destroying Online Game, ControllerId: 0
    Error: Can't destroy a null online session
    ScriptLog: UTEntryPlayerController::OnDestroyOnlineGameComple te() - Finishing Quit to Main Menu, ControllerId: 0
    Log: Pending connect to '74.91.120.104/DM-AOD-OfficePG?name=k0oK?team=1' failed; Sorry, you do not appear to be authorized to play this game on Steam at this time.
    ScriptLog: UTUIScene_ConnectionStatus::OptionSelected() - Destroying Online Game
    Log: Script call stack:
    Function UTGame.UTUIScene_ConnectionStatus:OnDestroyOnlineG ameComplete

ScriptLog: UTUIScene_ConnectionStatus::OnDestroyOnlineGameCom plete() bWasSuccesful: False
    ScriptLog: UTUIScene_ConnectionStatus::OptionSelected() - Destroying Online Game
    Log: Script call stack:
    Function UTGame.UTUIScene_ConnectionStatus:OnDestroyOnlineG ameComplete

ScriptLog: UTUIScene_ConnectionStatus::OnDestroyOnlineGameCom plete() bWasSuccesful: False
    Log: Closing by request
    Log: appRequestExit(0)
    ScriptLog: Setting image img_Corrupt01 to visible
    Exit: Preparing to exit.
    Exit: Game engine shut down
    Exit: Windows client shut down
    Exit: OpenAL Audio Device shut down.
    Exit: closesocket error (0)
    Exit: UTcpNetDriver shut down
    Exit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
    Log: Shutting down FaceFX...
    Log: FaceFX shutdown.
    Exit: Exiting.
    Exit: Name subsystem shutting down
    Uninitialized: Log file closed, 07/27/14 13:54:49
    Good Start Xean, Now we just need a Server Log.

Seen this before...on my server and this is what happens when the client doesn't actually disconnect, I know you arent crashing But I have seen Client side logs of people that did and that's what they got. We Need a Server Side log from NFO.

Comment

I just sent an email to the big man over at NFO to see if he can set us up with a server log file. Or maybe Taffy can get us one..

Comment

My server log file is huge are there any keywords I can search on to find a steam connection? How do I tell it from a non steam connection.

I thought John help fix this issue and it was fine now?

After John put the steam patch on the server I noticed many more players playing. The week prior when the steam problem manifested itself the server was kind of barren.

Comment

Taffy, it fixed the issue where no one could join the servers at all while running steam, now we are having an issue where steam users that leave the server and try to get back in while running the steam version get the "not authorized" error. A lot of the regulars have just gone and started running UT3 outside of steam to avoid this problem but it won't help if new players do not know how to do this. I am not sure what you would have to search for so no biggie. I have been able to repro this issue on the nfo new server that John was nice enough to set up for us to test on so maybe he can get me that one and I can get it to the guys to look at.

Comment

John is going to set me up as a secondary on the test server so I will be able to get a log file to look at.

Comment

I asked NFO to test out the servers using your instructions and they said that they would look into it (hopefully soon) but he asked this:

"We don't currently have any firewall rules in place that block connections by default. We only block very specific traffic that is attack related.

We have the option for servers to launch on either the Steam based server browser or the old server browser still. Is the server that was tested on confirmed to have been using the Steam browser? "

Comment

Support from NFO informed me that they believe the issue is with the steam package, but they are in contact with the patch developers.

Comment

Why are they launching a server from steam. That's the problem. If you don't know what you're doing you got no business running a server.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                    Why are they launching a server from steam. That's the problem. If you don't know what you're doing you got no business running a server.
                    Yep theres the Issue..they are using STEAM to deploy the servers. WRONG. (big ugly buzzer Sound).

Comment

IMHO, Steam integration is worse than gamespy - I really have no love whatsoever for Steam - if they knew how to distribute files untouched it wouldn't be a bad content delivery system but with its poorly designed DRM (which has been completely slaughtered by a certain unnamed country abroad) and bloatware its not worth dealing with at all for me, when I see a game that says requires steam to play I skip it entirely and i've been an avid PC gamer with a medium sized LAN for years and purchased multiple copies of games where required so long as it doesn't have the word "Steam" anywhere in it.

Comment

I have had a crazy week at work so it will likely be the weekend before I get to dive in more, sorry for the delay guys.

Comment

I discovered that running the game as admin, will break Steam integration, when launching a game within Steam - and I think this is an issue with all Steam games - so that's something worth noting for both players and server admins (though it isn't advisable to run servers through Steam - though I think suggestions of that earlier in thread, may not be accurate).

That might be the root of some issues people are having.

It should be noted also, that the new master server fixes the ICMP packet issue, where (with GameSpy) you had to run UT3 as admin to get it working properly - this isn't an issue anymore as ICMP isn't used now, so if people are running as admin for this reason, that's not needed.

Comment

I have run everything as admin since I installed windows 7 & have NEVER had a problem with steam games. UT3 isn't really a steam game & I think it's the steam integration for UT3 that's to blame. Anyways, thanks for all your work Shambler. Now all we gotta do is get some players back!

Comment

I've personally had nothing but problems with "Steam-Games" no matter what O/S I run, to the point where I avoid it entirely now, when torchlight 2 came out I made sure to specifically buy it from Runic - even though it was available on steam as well. Member of our household play it on LAN often, the steam variation of the same exact game has caused people nothing but problems - its not simply UT3 alone that suffers from steam unfortunately.

Comment

*in russian accent* Maybe phroblem is weth computar configuration and not with steam.

Comment

Working...
                                X