Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gamespy Patch Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can only connect to some servers in my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
      Yes, this is the reason everyone should make sure they have their favorite servers in their favorites list. Until both the servers and the clients are on the same master favorite servers the servers will ping 9999 but are joinable. While none will show in the browser at all.
      It might happen that favourites get lost from the list actually, because (and it's been years so I'm not 100% sure ) I believe they are stored based on account number (which will get reset), rather than based on IP:Port - this will be unavoidable.

Comment

Alright thanks for this update, I will patch Community UT3 in Australia as soon as I get free (:

My Steam client hasn't automatically updated yet.

Comment

Originally posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
          I can only connect to some servers in my favorites.
          Same here. I have UT3 installed on PC and laptop. I have bought original CD-key but no DVD.
          For laptop I had downloaded UT3 installation from steam and for PC I don't quite remember but it's not via steam (I think I had downloaded it via torrent so it may be questionable).
          Since it shows the same problems with my laptop that was downloaded via steam, I assume it is a server side issue (maybe some servers are cracked?).

Comment

Early days, but can only view DeathMatch servers, changing the gametype is colored out. Isn't viewing too many :P --

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6fe390e6.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by WishfulThinking View Post
              Early days, but can only view DeathMatch servers, changing the gametype is colored out. Isn't viewing too many :P --

Strange, It's actually warfare server. and Your ping is awsome!

Btw, the server is there to show that the patched file actually did something.

Comment

tarna did you have original dvd and cd-key? (its triple-h85)

Comment

when it is ready for Linux exe file?

Comment

Originally posted by Lady*D View Post
                    when it is ready for Linux exe file?
                    There are some issues for compiling files for Linux, but hopefully it'll be done by Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeytun View Post
                      Strange, It's actually warfare server. and Your ping is awsome!
                      yeah something's not quite right with the gametypes.

This is what UT3 server console is saying,

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/...psdebe9777.png

thus has stopped it reporting to GameTracker (do we have to lose those stats too?.).

Is this happening to other server hosts?

Comment

Originally posted by Zeytun View Post
                        There are some issues for compiling files for Linux, but hopefully it'll be done by Friday.
                        ok, I'll wait. download archive for Linux I can here, too?

Comment

It seems when you were searching for the servers, you have selected "any gametype". (Since, the dropdown menu for gametypes is disabled in your screenshot.)

Comment

(EDIT: Ah, Zeytun got it right ) The game mode button is greyed-out there, which means that on the filter menu, you have 'List All Gametypes' selected - so it appears to be working correctly; I've tested it there, and seems alright.

Comment

thus has stopped it reporting to GameTracker (do we have to lose those stats too?.).

You need to register a separate username and password for the server. Just imagine this is the fresh start.

I guess gametracker will be fine, I can see there is a query port open for gametracker (6500 UDP).

Comment

Is the server displayed on the master server? I don't know how gametracker works, but those log messages relate to Gamespy, and are not necessarily a problem (even if they are a little spammy); need more info there.

If you have not run this server before (i.e. are setting it up the first time), for the moment it may be best to get it working on the Gamespy master server, then switch over to the Epic master server (with the new binaries) - this would help rule out any common setup problems.

EDIT: Hehe, Zeytun getting in before me again yes, that error can be caused by not setting up an account; that's a good pointer as it's likely the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X