This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shambler View Post
    Cool - yes that duplicate login was me working on it; I should be able to see directly now, when there is a duplicate login issue, and I've improved logging and such to help me track that down.
    Thanks for the status update (and game server updates ). Do you still want people to report dupe login issues here (now that reporting is enabled)?

Comment

Yes, please do It's helpful to have that reported here, as it is not always caused by the master server, but can be caused by connection instability as well.

Comment

Yes, please do It's helpful to have that reported here, as it is not always caused by the master server, but can be caused by connection instability as well.
        I think we should make a New thread and have the people that are constantly getting them to post some trace routes so we can see the path these guys are taking to the Master Server.

Comment

If it continues to be a problem, once I am sure the master server is stable, then sure - that would be a good idea.

Comment

If it continues to be a problem, once I am sure the master server is stable, then sure - that would be a good idea.
            How about checking to see If you guys are getting any packetloss off your switch or the Pipe that runs into your building.

Comment

Ok Shambler..I did a bit Of Static Routing on my side to the Master Server, Its like 8-9 Less Hops than what it was Originally. Ill get my guys to test it this weekend and See If This Improves things for us @hedsteem.

Comment

Shambler, thank you so much for all of your hard work!

Comment

As of a few days ago I can't play this game through steam. It just hangs when connecting to servers. If I load the exe directly from the folder the game works.. Are you guys planning to fix this? If it weren't for one of my steam friends I wouldn't know how to play at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dazednconfused View Post
                    As of a few days ago I can't play this game through steam. It just hangs when connecting to servers. If I load the exe directly from the folder the game works.. Are you guys planning to fix this? If it weren't for one of my steam friends I wouldn't know how to play at all.
                    Are you running Steam as Administrator?

Comment

No, honestly if that's needed that's pretty weak. I'm grateful we can play and all I just don't see people jumping through all these hoops to play.

Comment

Originally posted by dazednconfused View Post
                        No, honestly if that's needed that's pretty weak. I'm grateful we can play and all I just don't see people jumping through all these hoops to play.
                        Agreed, But I have like 15 Players that Use Steam and Have NO issues Joining my servers..Try Joing one of mine for test and get back to me.

Comment

It shouldn't be all servers that it hangs on. If you have some specific ones that it does this on could you please send me a pm with what ones they are. We are working on the issue, but as of right now it is not an easy fix since steam adds another layer to the mix.

Comment

I have noticed one thing, that is, for those who care about leader board stats.. if you recreated your same profile using the same name - same password, gametracker will still record your stats on your server's page, but if you've changed your password, kept the same name, it will not. just something that I noticed..

Comment

Originally posted by moistmother View Post
                              I have noticed one thing, that is, for those who care about leader board stats.. if you recreated your same profile using the same name - same password, gametracker will still record your stats on your server's page, but if you've changed your password, kept the same name, it will not. just something that I noticed..
                              That's not true.. I've actually fooled around and registered some names that ARENT mine (but used to be someone elses..) and it still record stats. Perhaps the way you wrote name has something to do with it ie. caps.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedsteem View Post
                                Agreed, But I have like 15 Players that Use Steam and Have NO issues Joining my servers..Try Joing one of mine for test and get back to me.
                                Your server works fine, the ones I'm having most issues with seem to be running the UTcomp mutator and/or possibly FreeFOV

Comment

Working...
                                X