Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gamespy Patch Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a hint, this duplicate login problems has direct relation to number of players online.

Comment

Oh yeah?How so?

Comment

Has game-spy finally gone?.. do we now need the patch?

i Get this erorr:
        "The online service is not available at this time. Please try and sign in again later"
        ^^ typed from bad memory but it was words like that..

Comment

Yes, it is finally gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
            Oh yeah?How so?
            I think he means it's what killed this game in the first place. Sad but true.

Comment

I spoke with Shambler tonight and he is set up to get the fix done soon guys, just hang in there.

Comment

Good deal. The hard core players will stay till the last, but without enough people to populate the servers games against actual players are gonna be few & far between.

Comment

You could have a stats system like with UT2004...

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
                    Oh yeah?How so?
                    In first days of Epic MasterServer, there were not so many players using patch, and no duplicate login problem (I had Patched UT3 from the day one). But my first duplicate login was when I was on Epic with 8/10 other players.

Comment

Master server going down briefly for maintenance in a short while.

Comment

Okey, that is done there (players will have briefly gotten two duplicate login issues over the last 15 mins, due to me working); this change should help to reduce the frequency of duplicate login issues, and should help me track down the problem for when it does reoccur.

Comment

Also, the game server query protocol has been updated to a more secure version (the one that GameSpy used to use prior to going down - the UT3 master server used to use an older protocol version); this might affect server stats tracking on GameTracker and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Shambler View Post
                            Also, the game server query protocol has been updated to a more secure version (the one that GameSpy used to use prior to going down - the UT3 master server used to use an older protocol version); this might affect server stats tracking on GameTracker and such.

Server Was Scanned 30 Secs Ago, So I think they Kept the Old protocol in place as well..As far as GT Stats Ill get back to you when I have players.

Comment

Originally posted by Shambler View Post
                              Players had duplicate problems last 10 minutes. But now it's ok and GameTracker works as normal so far.

Comment

Cool - yes that duplicate login was me working on it; I should be able to see directly now, when there is a duplicate login issue, and I've improved logging and such to help me track that down.

Comment

Working...
                                X