Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gamespy Patch Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Yeah let us know how it works out for you. I read the readme file that comes with it and it appears that it tracks the stats server side and you will have to manually upload them, so there is a chance it will work. Maybe someone with more knowledge will see this and can chime in about it.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
      I have gotten a response from Shambler and a fix for the duplicate log in will be going live very soon. I will quote some of his response to me on the issue.
      "The moment the TCP connection with the master server is closed, it will cause the duplicate login issue - so what needs to be done,
      is that the master server uptime/stability needs to be made near-perfect."
      Agreed It does need to be almost perfect connection, Alot of these people don't understand that Duplicate Logins are caused by Network Interrupts, whether its on their side or The Master Servers Side. Its not Patch Related..GS Had better infrastructure than Epic does apparently. But Alot of these People are probably sitting around with their wireless connections and wondering why they get booted not to mention some of them just have **** internet. Either way I think that we really need to address ANY connection issues to the MS at Epic. Shambler flat out said hes not a network guy. I'd Be happy to help since I have been doing this for 28 Years.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Hedsteem View Post
        Agreed It does need to be almost perfect connection, Alot of these people don't understand that Duplicate Logins are caused by Network Interrupts, whether its on their side or The Master Servers Side. Its not Patch Related..GS Had better infrastructure than Epic does apparently. But Alot of these People are probably sitting around with their wireless connections and wondering why they get booted not to mention some of them just have **** internet. Either way I think that we really need to address ANY connection issues to the MS at Epic. Shambler flat out said hes not a network guy. I'd Be happy to help since I have been doing this for 28 Years.
        Maybe he can take a look at IRC Daemon servers. There is registered system and connection checking, which if player client don't respond the ping in timely manner then the client gets time out. Just a moment instability (either client or server side )causing disconnection is not fair.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
          Was it everyone or just you? We will never be able to remove the dup login for good if it is on the users end...ie. people that have had the issues in the past.
          OK it just happened again (I was on VolGoDom Titan server).
          There were about 4-5 other players that reported the dupe login at the same time. But one guy said he was unpatched and did not get the dupe login.

          When it happens it kicks to main menu and have to login again. But the 1st try of logging in will say "Online Servise is Unavailable". But after another try allows login.

          Comment


            Thank you sir, hopefully this will get sorted out soon or maybe it was being fixed when this happened lol.

            Comment


              Originally posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
              OK it just happened again (I was on VolGoDom Titan server).
              There were about 4-5 other players that reported the dupe login at the same time. But one guy said he was unpatched and did not get the dupe login.

              When it happens it kicks to main menu and have to login again. But the 1st try of logging in will say "Online Servise is Unavailable". But after another try allows login.
              Unpatched and patched can't play on the same server.

              They are definitely working on the server today. I wanted to give some warning but I was pulled into a meeting.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Flak View Post
                Unpatched and patched can't play on the same server.

                They are definitely working on the server today. I wanted to give some warning but I was pulled into a meeting.
                Yes they Can I have Like 5 Of My Guys still Unpatched.

                Comment


                  When the current update goes live, it will be making a number of large changes, such as making game servers switch to a more up-to-date/secure query protocol (might affect third-party stat gathering, such as gametracker), and also running a second master server exclusively for player logins (to help reduce duplicate login issues) - it will also fix some smaller issues, like there sometimes being two entries for the same server in the browser for a brief period.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Shambler View Post
                    When the current update goes live, it will be making a number of large changes, such as making game servers switch to a more up-to-date/secure query protocol (might affect third-party stat gathering, such as gametracker), and also running a second master server exclusively for player logins (to help reduce duplicate login issues) - it will also fix some smaller issues, like there sometimes being two entries for the same server in the browser for a brief period.
                    Sham Post when it goes Live Ill Talk to the gametracker Guys if Need Be

                    Comment


                      Thanks - I'm not the person who will be updating it, so not sure exactly when it will go live; it's switching to the protocol GameTracker used to use, when GameSpy was the master server, so there's a chance it might not need adjusting their side.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Shambler View Post
                        Thanks - I'm not the person who will be updating it, so not sure exactly when it will go live; it's switching to the protocol GameTracker used to use, when GameSpy was the master server, so there's a chance it might not need adjusting their side.
                        Well considering they updated it to fit your new server, it will prolly bork it..You guys are gonna drives those GT Guys nuts LOL But we will see.

                        Comment


                          Dupe login on War3 11:45PM EST

                          Comment


                            I think about six of us just got do0oped off Warfare #3 during the regular 11pm Friday night game. I was only on about 2 minutes.

                            BTW, I'm curious what others' refractory time is before being able to rejoin. For me it's been 20 minutes or so, sometimes 30?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
                              Dupe login on War3 11:45PM EST

                              lemme Guess you run The "Official" Epic servers off of Flak's Office Computer that is no more than 5 Feet from Shambler's Master server on His Desktop? LOL

                              Comment


                                As far as I know NONE of Hedsteem's players have had this lately. Seems like it happens to people on the Epic servers more than anything.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X