Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gamespy Patch Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
    Good that you have tested it out and will be ready to go when GS does die and thank you for getting the word out there. My only concern at the moment are the few people who insist on telling people not to patch until GS goes down because the patch is "buggy". The patch is no longer "buggy" and Shambler has done an amazing job at quickly fixing any issues that have popped up. The patch now will be exactly the same when GS does die as it is right now, any issues that have had to be fixed were in the master server only, and require the user to do nothing. So whether people wait or do it now, the outcome in the end will be the same.
    All these will be resolved if GS MasterServer dies. I don't understand if they want to continue why not say the word for extending the gamespy time or saying exact time that they want to unplug. They have made a chaos and many players are confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeytun View Post
      All these will be resolved if GS MasterServer dies. I don't understand if they want to continue why not say the word for extending the gamespy time or saying exact time that they want to unplug. They have made a chaos and many players are confused.
      Agreed. Epic Should Have NEVER made a Deal with GS..They had a great thing going with Ut2004 and Its Master Server, And we told them in the testing stage to get rid of GS. Nope..So now here we are...years later having to do it anyway..LOL.

Any why the hell id GS still up anyway? I still have players that have OLD Unique Id's.

Comment

I would suspect that your game was not patched through patch 5 prior to updating the exe.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
          We're checking into it, thanks Zeytun.
          Can't wait for the fix. I got multiple dupe logins. Just had one now.

Comment

Was it everyone or just you? We will never be able to remove the dup login for good if it is on the users end...ie. people that have had the issues in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
              Was it everyone or just you? We will never be able to remove the dup login for good if it is on the users end...ie. people that have had the issues in the past.
              I haven't had dupe logins ever at my current house. Probably since 2009. Now I get them fairly frequently.

Not sure if it kicked everyone else too. I usually get discouraged and find something else to do. Next time I will check the server afterwards to see.

Comment

Thank you, I have an email out to Shambler about it.

Comment

I've been seeing an issue with the Official Epic servers showing '9999' in my History folder. they show up after 3-4 refreshes of the browser, however. War3 seems to be the worst offender for some reason.

Comment

Xea I had that issue until I deleted servers from my favorites in my aliases as well.

Comment

If you go to Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config & open UTGame in notepad, hold control & hit F to bring up the search, type favorites then hit enter, it'll display all your saved favorites. Save a backup copy if you wish, then delete the **** out of your favorites! Then save & close notepad, run your game, & re-add your favorite servers. People need to quit being so fudgin stubborn & PATCH YOUR GAME, PATCH YOUR SERVER, & FIX YOUR PROBLEMS NOW. You're not helping this go smoothly & waiting is just going to create problems later on. I'm sure Bubbaxm2 & Shambler don't want to have to spend the next 6 months messing with this game just because some people refuse to to what eventually WILL BE NECESSARY!

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                        People need to quit being so fudgin stubborn & PATCH YOUR GAME, PATCH YOUR SERVER, & FIX YOUR PROBLEMS NOW. You're not helping this go smoothly & waiting is just going to create problems later on. I'm sure Bubbaxm2 & Shambler don't want to have to spend the next 6 months messing with this game just because some people refuse to to what eventually WILL BE NECESSARY!
                        Why patch something if there are no problems? No dup logins or kicks here. I will stay connecting unpatched until gamespy goes down. I have the patch but no need to run that now. You can call me all the names you want but I have no problems and the ones that are patched do. Logic? I bet 70% of UT3 players have no idea there is a patch. Even a longtime player like tarnation gets discouraged after the dup login kick. Imagine the other players that aren't on as much. /endofgerrant

boom headshot nsger tyger w

Comment

Ger I understand that you are already capable of using the patched version of the game so that is all good. The bigger issue is that there are some people that are not and will have issues when it becomes a requirement to use the new master server, a lot of time has been put in to make this thing work properly and the quicker we get those that are not sure of what to do or may have an issue patched the better off we will be in the end. There have been some odd issues for some users so far but we have been able to get them sorted out and the further ahead we stay the better off we are.

I have gotten a response from Shambler and a fix for the duplicate log in will be going live very soon. I will quote some of his response to me on the issue.
                          "The moment the TCP connection with the master server is closed, it will cause the duplicate login issue - so what needs to be done,
                          is that the master server uptime/stability needs to be made near-perfect."

So we are aware of what the issue is now and the man that can fix it is working on it.

Besides Ger, who is gonna call you names? We all only still play UT3 because you do!

edit: We are well over 13,xxx new unique id's now so the word is getting out there, or Xeaderthal finally got around to registering all of his aliases. lol

Comment

Believe me, I would love to just switch all of my servers over to the ut3 patch, but we do have a lot of new players to ut3 and a lot of players from Europe who just don't understand what's going on. When we see players in game, we try to engage them and get a response out of them if they understand what's going on. We usually get them to respond and they agree to get the download for the patch.

Would it be so difficult to create a mutator or script that can upload stats to a server? A lot of players do care about their stats and I understand why. I don't really care about stats either, but a lot of players absolutely love playing UT3 and most of the time, it's them versus the bots and they use their stats as a scoreboard as we all used to do in the good ole' days of arcade games. I get it. I do know that there is a mutator out there called, UT3Stats-1.04 -http://www.utstatsdb.com <> uses.. Couldn't epic run this on their dedicated box also, or something like it?

Comment

I am not sure how UT3stats captures the info, so I can't say for sure if it will work once gamespy dies. I know that we ran it on all of our servers in nOx clan for awhile and it was a pretty decent mutator. Not sure if your server provider gives a free web host with your servers or not but if so and you don't use it, you may be able to have the mutator upload the info to that location for your servers.

Comment

I can host it, if it works. I just haven't had the time lately due to work to test it out. I will have more time this weekend to play around with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X