Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gamespy Patch Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTP is usually allowed but he destination can be limited. It's not always a bad thing when certain things are kept away from people lol.

Comment

7/2/14 Players still logging into gamespy to play. Gamespy even fails at failing! After failing for over 14 years, you'd think they could get this last thing right!

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
        7/2/14 Players still logging into gamespy to play. Gamespy even fails at failing! After failing for over 14 years, you'd think they could get this last thing right!
        I read this as, they should not have patched the server until the server actually went down.

warfare tonight! be there or be not there

Comment

Sorry but we can't all adjust our lives and schedules around when they finally decide to shut down. The servers were deliberately patched early to allow people that may have issues a chance to figure things out, and as of right now that looks to have been the wise decision.

Comment

Originally posted by geronaho View Post
            I read this as, they should not have patched the server until the server actually went down.

No I meant what I said. Gamespy is the ultimate fail. Everyone should have patched weeks ago. Maybe we can send someone over to gamespy to unplug the server for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
              No I meant what I said. Gamespy is the ultimate fail. Everyone should have patched weeks ago. Maybe we can send someone over to gamespy to unplug the server for them.
              Tell that to all the ones we lost in the break. :+)

#numbersdontlie

o

Comment

mass duplicate login problem still continues. I'm not sure if it happens globally or only to one server.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeytun View Post
                  mass duplicate login problem still continues. I'm not sure if it happens globally or only to one server.
                  Yeah. Epic 3 WAR got shrekt. Gero was the sole survival of that one extinction level event (duplicate login for all patched players according to active admin). Maybe two hours prior, Beer Drinkers DM server had some other weirdness, perhaps a server-wide disconnection, but I didn't get a duplicate login message. Maybe unrelated. I guess I should also mention that my connection is pretty reliable on average, and I rarely have networking issues and never get (random) duplicate logins.

Comment

Originally posted by FunTimez View Post
                    Yeah. Epic 3 WAR got shrekt. Gero was the sole survival of that one extinction level event (duplicate login for all patched players according to active admin). Maybe two hours prior, Beer Drinkers DM server had some other weirdness, perhaps a server-wide disconnection, but I didn't get a duplicate login message. Maybe unrelated. I guess I should also mention that my connection is pretty reliable on average, and I rarely have networking issues and never get (random) duplicate logins.
                    Yeah I was there too. Haven't had a dupe login issue in probably over a year before that.

Comment

Yeah. Epic 3 WAR got shrekt. Gero was the sole survival of that one extinction level event (duplicate login for all patched players according to active admin).
                      Yeah, I think 10 of us were kicked around 2:00AM Eastern time.

Maybe two hours prior, Beer Drinkers DM server had some other weirdness, perhaps a server-wide disconnection, but I didn't get a duplicate login message. Maybe unrelated. I guess I should also mention that my connection is pretty reliable on average, and I rarely have networking issues and never get (random) duplicate logins.
                      I think that server is having issues. It kicked a bunch of players and did a map restart the other day, with no Dupe Login...

Comment

Up until this point, for years, I've never heard of players complaining about random disconnections, or even mass duplicate login problems. It has been on the same network node (Internap), same IP, etc...forever. Only change made has been the patch.

It sounds like I may have restarted the server (which I do every day) with players on it, but I try to never do that when a game is in progress.

Comment

Why is it that in UT3 server browser I only see a few servers when I search? I can see a full server like VolGoDom on Game Tracker. But in UT3 it does not show up at all. It is still in my favorites w/ 9999 ping and I can still connect though IP.
                          I am running the new GS patched EXE. Legit DVD version, no Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
                            Why is it that in UT3 server browser I only see a few servers when I search? I can see a full server like VolGoDom on Game Tracker. But in UT3 it does not show up at all. It is still in my favorites w/ 9999 ping and I can still connect though IP.
                            I am running the new GS patched EXE. Legit DVD version, no Steam.
                            Very simple, those servers are not patched.

Comment

If gamespy would shut down already we'd have a lot less issues. Someone from Epic needs to find out what the deal is & get them to shut down UT3's gamespy server to we can move on. Otherwise gamespy will finish killing this game with their failure that is fail.

Comment

Yeah. Epic 3 WAR got shrekt. Gero was the sole survival of that one extinction level event (duplicate login for all patched players according to active admin).
                                I did not get kicked and I was not patched. I say not to patch until it actually goes down. I have no problems except the obvious of not seeing servers. Although I only play on the EPIC servers so they are in my history and favs. Seems to cause more problems when you do the patch.

Someone with a dedicated box could just host your own master server? o.O We all join the same match regardless of how we get there.

o

and happy independence day

Comment

Working...
                                X