Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gamespy Patch Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
    Folks, please read through the questions already posted. This thread is to allow people to ask questions about the INSTALL of the patch and to post any issues that may arrive AFTER installing the patch. This patch ONLY replaces the master server, so please to don't bury some useful information by asking if bugs from over the years are fixed with it, they aren't unless they were gamespy related. Hope to have the patch put up tonight for you to go ahead and try out.
    So you create a new account what happens if you ever forget the password? Can a admin now reset your password? Given it is now on a controlled master server by us maybe the user can be deleted to create a new account and password?

geronahooooooooooooooooooo o

Comment

Thank you for the information. I will try that out next week

Comment

Originally posted by geronaho View Post
        So you create a new account what happens if you ever forget the password? Can a admin now reset your password? Given it is now on a controlled master server by us maybe the user can be deleted to create a new account and password?

geronahooooooooooooooooooo o
        Not that I know of but then again no one has forgotten their password yet, besides, who forgets their password to UT3? I mean it is the best game ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post

Please check here next week(Monday) as I will be adding the link to download the patch when it is time.
          Isn't it Monday there?

Comment

I'm assuming server .exe's will need to be updated also in addition to clients?

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
              I'm assuming server .exe's will need to be updated also in addition to clients?
              Yes, this is the reason everyone should make sure they have their favorite servers in their favorites list. Until both the servers and the clients are on the same master favorite servers the servers will ping 9999 but are joinable. While none will show in the browser at all.

Comment

Do you plan on posting a DL link for both the server and client version?

Comment

If anyone is interested in saving its stats, friendlist, friends message, ranking or the awards you can check out this following mutator/script:
                  Profile Data Exporter

It will basically dump all the data to text files on your computer. This data is only for your use. There won't be any importer. The stats (and everything which is related to a GameSpy account) will be lost after you apply the patch. You have to use this mutator/script before you apply the GameSpy patch otherwise you won't be able to dump old stats/etc.

Note:
                  This mutator/script is not official. It is not affiliated with Epic Games.

Comment

Thanks RattleSN4K3! Much appreciated, that will be very useful!

Comment

First post has been updated. No servers have been patched yet so don't be alarmed when none show up in the server browser window or your favorites show up as 9999. Use it, abuse it and let us know if you have any issues. If you do and you figure out what the problem was then please post here so that it may help others that may encounter the same issue.

Also if for some reason you are really stuck, feel free to add me on steam, and I will see if I can help or contact someone that can.

Comment

Well. No official hosting. Sad.

The file is safe. It's just a hex replacement of the GameSpy url. Well. What can I say. Community patch ... right

Creating profile worked.

----------------------

For anyone who wants to search for servers, use the following page:
                        http://gstadmin.gamespy.net/masterse...gamename=ut3pc
                        (this is the official gamespy master list for UT3 on PC)

Comment

Can't say that official hosting isn't coming, but it is where it's been hosted for testing and is working fine for now.

Comment

Testing the patch now. 9999 everywhere. Still able to get onto US Warfare 2 and 3 as well as Volgodom Titan fine but froze when trying to connect to US Greed.

- quirk

Comment

Originally posted by nohairs View Post
                              Testing the patch now. 9999 everywhere. Still able to get onto US Warfare 2 and 3 as well as Volgodom Titan fine but froze when trying to connect to US Greed.

- quirk
                              The '9999' is expected/normal until the servers are patched. You can join the servers in your fav/history even if they say 9999. Once the servers are patched you will not see '9999'

Comment

Originally posted by GreenDoritos View Post
                                The '9999' is expected/normal until the servers are patched. You can join the servers in your fav/history even if they say 9999. Once the servers are patched you will not see '9999'
                                Ya, I know. Tx I was more pointing out the problem with Greed server - could not access with patch but could without patch.

Comment

Working...
                                X