Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gamespy Patch Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Not sure what you predicted lol. The patch works fine and once Gamespy goes down everyone will need to use it, reluctant or not.

    Comment


      I haven't had a bit of trouble with my game. The "patch" doesn't change ANYTHING in your game. It just logs you on to the new server instead of gamspy's. If your game crashes because of the new UT3.exe, you installed it wrong.

      Comment


        If you are having problems please share if you are patched and how you did it.

        Many of us are patched and have no problems while I hear others do have issues.

        sad face:
        We need our war players back. I am having to run the orb since there is not enough players to snipe :+(

        Comment


          Only seen a few issues over the last few days, some people are not getting the patch through steam even though they have the game set to stay updated and others not being able to find patched servers because they are not patched or vise versa. Then of course there are those that will not patch until GS is down for good, that I can not fix.

          Comment


            The patch seems to have broken the most useful functions of the Web Admin, such as viewing players currently in game, viewing the chat log, and the ability to change the map. Is anyone aware of a fix for this? Web Admin is broken across four Galaxy servers. I'm not sure about Void's.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Legionz View Post
              The patch seems to have broken the most useful functions of the Web Admin, such as viewing players currently in game, viewing the chat log, and the ability to change the map. Is anyone aware of a fix for this? Web Admin is broken across four Galaxy servers. I'm not sure about Void's.
              It's not a problem with the patch. I had my server for a month now and webadmin was fine always. Check for other possibilities.

              Comment


                And for all vCTF europe players, can anyone connect to ''UT3x Pro Best Maps'' ? I have talked with rockyracoon, he cant connect even though he has updated...

                Can it be admin (penpen) havent update the server yet?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by iskadogZ|Hero_raIS View Post
                  And for all vCTF europe players, can anyone connect to ''UT3x Pro Best Maps'' ? I have talked with rockyracoon, he cant connect even though he has updated...

                  Can it be admin (penpen) havent update the server yet?
                  Probably the server is down for the moment. I can't see it in with updated patch and it's not in gametracker.

                  Comment


                    Excatly

                    and for you rattle, i will post the images later when i get on my other computer (im on laptop now) I just use photobucket instead since i already have an account there..

                    Comment


                      In some cases webadmin will need to be reinstalled after the patch is installed. Also the last I knew ''UT3x Pro Best Maps'' had not been updated yet.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
                        In some cases webadmin will need to be reinstalled after the patch is installed. Also the last I knew ''UT3x Pro Best Maps'' had not been updated yet.
                        Thanks. Can you tell me how to reinstall the webadmin?

                        Comment


                          I am not familiar with NFO's control panel but I am assuming they have an option to install via the control panel when you log into your account for the server?

                          Comment


                            Im not quite sure why its so hard to patch a server, I mean all you have to do is cut it off...FTP into it Overwrite the UT3.EXE file, make a New account for the new master server (same as your old one) and then fire it back up..Takes like 5 Minutes.

                            Comment


                              Some of the larger providers have locked users out of the ability to touch or replace the exe file, probably in an effort to prevent people from doing more damage than good while testing the waters. I do know that NFO and Gameservers have an auto updater added to the control panels that will patch the servers for the users, so it's still not hard but there is still a chance something could go wrong and not everyone knows where to look if it does.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
                                Some of the larger providers have locked users out of the ability to touch or replace the exe file, probably in an effort to prevent people from doing more damage than good while testing the waters. I do know that NFO and Gameservers have an auto updater added to the control panels that will patch the servers for the users, so it's still not hard but there is still a chance something could go wrong and not everyone knows where to look if it does.
                                I would so Dump the provider if they didint have FTP. LOL Thank god we Own our Server and the Fiber Pipe that runs to it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X