Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gamespy Patch Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys - looks good for the moment then I think. There'll be another master server update sometime (should fix the occasional duplicate server issue, and fix a query protocol issue), which will trigger a once-off disconnect for players, but since it's not critical I'll probably delay that a while, to avoid disrupting play.

Comment

Once again, thank you for all of your hard work Shambler!

Comment

On which backend is the master server running, web-based server or full TCP application? Is it possible to create a stats application on it in order to supply global game stats...? This would imply that someone does a research on the GameSpy stats tracking and write a stats parser and a persistent storage interface (for saving it into a DB).

Comment

There won't be any stats tracking or further development of it unfortunately - only bugfixes and tweaks required to keep what's already functional, running smoothly.

Pretty soon, once I'm sure it's reached that point of running smoothly, it will be considered done (save any issue cropping up in the future), as I have to catch up with some other tasks.

Comment

But what about my question? If there will be a community implementaion of a stats server, it needs to be added globally in order to track any stats from any server. Is it possible to add such application/module/server?

Comment

Who cares about stats. Isn't the game supposed to be about having fun? The ONLY thing that really matters is that players can log in & play without random duplicate log in errors. That is all this game needs.

Comment

It's about providing the same functionality. It's a nice-to-have-feature but if it is possible it can be implemented by anyone and the ones who care about stats can have a look at it. In the meantime, everyone can ONLY play the game without any problem as Shambler did a great work recreating the master server for UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                  But what about my question? If there will be a community implementaion of a stats server, it needs to be added globally in order to track any stats from any server. Is it possible to add such application/module/server?
                  Short answer is, I'd say it's technically possible, but I doubt that would be officially supported (not my call though maybe I'm wrong) - and official support would be required to add it globally.

I understand that this sucks a bit - from past Unreal games, I know community members who do/have-done (or have wanted to do) similar work, but that have required official support that couldn't be given (had to scupper a couple of projects I was doing in the past, for similar reasons) - it's just not always possible though.

Comment

I personally am not concerned with stats, I used to be at one time so I can see it might matter to some players, it'd be nice to have it working in that sense, I think an important question is that is this something that is reasonably feasible and are the key players willing who can make it happen.

I think you guys have all done an outstanding job with getting the game back on track as it stands, that much is a given .. Many thank people, & of course huge thx to Epic! for keeping UT3 alive and well.

Comment

I might ask really stupid, but i have 0 idea with thism so live with it

The RattleSn4ke download link, when i start download it. It was just the Ptach 2.1 (patch5) or....

Shall i only download that downloadlink from rattle, and nothing else than accept and finish?

Comment

If you have Patch5 (v2.1) installed, you just need to replace the executable. If you not aware of how to do it properly, you can just patch the game with the inofficial-but-official-files patch by just downloading it and executing the file. A query dialog will popup asking you to install the patch to the install location of UT3.

So yes, having the latest game-patch installed, download-accept-finish is enough.

Comment

I had the 'duplicate login' last night on the Epic Warfare 3 server. I gave up after I got kicked the third time, because I couldn't log back in to the master server. I haven't had a problem with this in over five years.

Comment

@iska and others:
                            I've made a quick installation guide thread for the ones who need pictures or a video:
                            Quick guide to install the GameSpy patch

Comment

Thanks

Comment

So does this patch work yet? i still find it appears to be of no benefit and after it crashing like i predicted i am reluctant to try again.

Comment

Working...
                                X