Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay nevermind, I got the old .exe from a friend. Seems to work fine now with the old exe.

Comment

Hey, does anyone know where I can get a download link to run a server? If anyone could provide a download link with some instructions that would be cool

Comment

Aaaand nevermind once again, looks like Epic updated the steam exe to the new one LAST NIGHT. So now when I try to use the old exe from a friend it says "The program can't start because wxmsw262.u.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." Wow thanks for updating the game last night, I guess they couldn't see how much problems its causing.... broken game is now broken

Comment

Originally posted by RaptorKC View Post
          .... broken game is now broken
          like a br0k3n d0ll?

Comment

http://epicgames.com/community/2014/...espy-shutdown/
            ^^ very bad advice ^^
            - They say Replace your old.exe.
            - I strongly Advise keeping a backup like you would say with anything and everything
            Epic why you do this ?

Comment

Not bad advice. After the end of the month it will no longer work. We know there have been some issues with the new patch, they are getting fixed. Please be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                http://epicgames.com/community/2014/...espy-shutdown/
                ^^ very bad advice ^^
                - They say Replace your old.exe.
                - I strongly Advise keeping a backup like you would say with anything and everything
                Epic why you do this ?
                Yes, unfortunately a backup won't help, they need the new EXE.

Steam should be pushing out the new file now and Shambler fixed the login issues. Thanks for your patience everyone!

Comment

Epic VCTF server had a "Duplicate Login" tonight and kicked all 4 players around 11PM Eastern time.

Comment

Hello. I run the Galaxy UT3 servers from NFO Nuclear Fallout.

There is an option to change the Masterserver within the control panel. I restart the server but it just stops. I sent a support ticket to NFO and they replied with this:

My understanding is that you'll also have to create a new ID for the game servers, in that the GameSpy ones do not carry over. I believe this is done from within the client. They replace the gamespy IDs.

Comment

Yep, you need to log into your game with the new patch, create the desired username and password for the server(easiest to just use the same as current). Put the new ones in the command line if different from current, patch server and restart.

Comment

Anyone experience the 'duplicate login' issue at all, the last few days?

Comment

Someone reported one a couple of hours ago on the steam forum.

Comment

Thanks - hadn't seen that second Steam forum until now; if there are just a small number of people experiencing duplicate logins, that should be normal/ok (just standard network connectivity problems) - but if, for example, everyone on a server experiences it at once, that might be a master server issue.

Comment

I'll keep you posted Sham. As far as I know, no one on our server has had the issue lately.

Comment

Originally posted by xeanderthal View Post
                                Epic VCTF server had a "Duplicate Login" tonight and kicked all 4 players around 11PM Eastern time.
                                This was 6/19/2014 though.

Comment

Working...
                                X