Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gamespy Patch Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes they are.

Comment

You can run UT3 without even opening steam.

Comment

I created a basic "Update.exe" file for the Steam installation of UT3. This should find the installed game and properly apply the new GameSpy-patched executable. The patch is basically the same as the patch for the retail game.

This is not an official patch and is not affiliated with Epic Games. Apply this patch at your own risk. I'm not using Steam and couldn't test it, so if there's a problem with Steam validating/verifcating the new UT3.exe, you might have to verfiy integrity of your game cache and wait for the official patch (through Steam).

Download:
        UT3SteamPatchGS_21.exe

(if there are problems installing the patch, let me know and I try to fix these)

Source code:

Spoiler

Comment

linky no worky

Comment

Oh lol ^^. Fixing it.

Comment

seems to have worked.

Comment

Good to know. I've add the source files for the custom updater in the original post.

Comment

My game says I'm not logged in even though I am, and I can't connect to any servers (none are in my browser). And if I connect by way of IP I get kicked because my profile is "offline". any help?

Comment

Hello guys, got problem every 3-4 minutes got message of duplicate login ( one guy promised to hack servers, can it be the problem of duplicate login? if ye can you ban him perm from ut3?)

Comment

Originally posted by threat View Post
                      Hello guys, got problem every 3-4 minutes got message of duplicate login ( one guy promised to hack servers, can it be the problem of duplicate login? if ye can you ban him perm from ut3?)
                      Well kind of the same for me, sometimes if I connect by way of IP it will let me, other times it won't. But when it DOES let me, every few minutes I get kicked via duplicate login.
                      -_____________________-

Comment

• check & see what rumple suggests
                        • revert back to the old "ut3.exe" report back
                        • duplicate login is a pain, 7+ years and still a complete nightmare
                        • and wait raptor you know how to do stuff like shutdown servers right?

- funny how 24hrs after people discussing Anti-Cheat & me pointing out suspicious names we get this issue, probably just a coincidence

Comment

Well how on Earth am I supposed to go back to the old UT3.exe if I replaced it?

Comment

Originally posted by RaptorKC View Post
                            Well how on Earth am I supposed to go back to the old UT3.exe if I replaced it?
                            Reinstall Patch 5

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

No problem!

Comment

Working...
                                X