Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh also: The master server was updated yesterday, and this should resolve some of the server listing issues. How are people finding this now?

Comment

This may be unrelated, but I've noticed all of my demos recorded by utcomp are broken now...since the patch (those recorded on Beer Drinkers anyway). Instead of following my character, the camera just sits in one place and records nothing except for the map itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Shambler View Post
        Got your PM - very nice

For others: RattleSN4K3 put together a patch installer for the new binary, by repurposing the old UT3 patch installer:
        http://www.mediafire.com/download/6j...PatchGS_21.exe

Thanks for putting that together!
        Very Nice!! Thanks RATTLEsn4k3, original post has been updated.

Comment

Thanks.
          Just a note. The exectuble patch works exactly as previous patches. No recreation, it's just a new re-packaged patch. No custom code involved - only original official code by Epic.
          It might help others to install the patch properly in the future.

Comment

Good job! This should have been done from the start. A lot of people were confused about how to patch their game & kept doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by enoch84 View Post
              This may be unrelated, but I've noticed all of my demos recorded by utcomp are broken now...since the patch (those recorded on Beer Drinkers anyway). Instead of following my character, the camera just sits in one place and records nothing except for the map itself.
              Demos from Galaxy Dallas work fine for me, but I tried a demo from beerdrinkers and it has the issue you mentioned.

Comment

I still don't understand the reason for this.
                -
                is it just to get the server showing in the list? - if so my server never did show in the list anyway and i there is no sufficient guide to explain how to do this.

• the game works without the patch why do we need the patch.. if it is for masterlist only the..
                • What about the Unreal games Online? [like xmp?] (noone official seems to care about those)
                • If i run a PS3 server, how does this effect how create an account ?
                • does this include the server exploit memory fix?
                • https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...rver-Crash-Fix

Running just a server, not using the game ...
                Do you need the full game to create an account?
                can people install a PS3server; run the server game.exe and register the account with the new patch?

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                  I still don't understand the reason for this.
                  All this is about how to continue playing game and hosting the game as before gamespy goes dark.

- is it just to get the server showing in the list? - if so my server never did show in the list anyway and i there is no sufficient guide to explain how to do this.
                  Now there are more possibility that your server shows up in browser list than before. The guide is as before which you can find in older threads.

[*]the game works without the patch why do we need the patch.. if it is for masterlist only the..
                  The first release of the game was working without patch, so the patched fixes some aspect of the game, and the Gamespy patch is for making it possible to find servers in game and continue playing online with your registered nickname.

[*]What about the Unreal games Online? [like xmp?] (noone official seems to care about those)
                  This patch is for UT3, maybe you can find about it in community forums.
                  [*]If i run a PS3 server, how does this effect how create an account ?
                  You can run Ps3 server, and you can connect to it directly by IP:Port. There is no fix ATM for PS3 as far as I know.
                  [*]does this include the server exploit memory fix? [*]https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...rver-Crash-Fix
                  If you check the first post of this thread, you see there are different versions of the patch. So you can find the one that is for windows servers which includes the exploit fix.

Running just a server, not using the game ...
                  Do you need the full game to create an account?
                  can people install a PS3server; run the server game.exe and register the account with the new patch?
                  For running the server, at least windows or linux server, you can download dedicated server packages, but you need to create the account for the server in game, afterwards you use just the account and you don't need the game to run the server.
                  For registering the account on epic masterserver (new patch), you need to run the new patch, only then you can create an account.

Hope this clarify a bit your questions.

Comment

Yeh for pc thanks, but for ps3:
                    You can run Ps3 server, and you can connect to it directly by IP:Port. There is no fix ATM for PS3 as far as I know.
                    ^^ There is a way to access the console command for UT3 PS3, but it was a random hax job to much to talk about here
                    - it's been so long since i tested ... Q. does UT3 work with keyboard console commands to type open ip?
                    if not how else can you join my ps3 server if its not listed?

Comment

- it's been so long since i tested ... Q. does UT3 work with keyboard console commands to type open ip?
                      if not how else can you join my ps3 server if its not listed?
                      If you have the server in your favorite, you can still connect although it shows 9999.

Comment

Rattlesnake can you make a version of your patch installer for steam users? Some people are computer e-tarded & we're losing our minds trying to help people patch their game manually. Much thanks from us @ Hedsteem!

Comment

Why the hell Steam Doesn't have the Update is beyond me....Epic Get on their assess.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedsteem View Post
                            Why the hell Steam Doesn't have the Update is beyond me....Epic Get on their assess.
                            A lot of UT3 servers are still unpatched, and I'm guessing they know about gamespy deadline, however they are waiting by end of June to switch to new patch. And most probably steam patch will come around that time. Otherwise people start complaining that they could not play at their favorite servers after applying patch!! So best option is to release the patch when gamespy masterserver is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                              Rattlesnake can you make a version of your patch installer for steam users? [...]we're losing our minds trying to help people patch their game manually.
                              I could. But as Steam will eventually update in the future and as Zeytun stated that not every server is patched I don't think it's necessary.

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                              Much thanks from us @ Hedsteem!
                              You're welcome.

Comment

It's stupid to wait till the last minute to patch your server. All that's gonna do is create more problems that this game DOESN'T need.

Comment

Working...
                                X