Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gamespy Patch Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snowcrash View Post
    Hi,

Of course.
    I have both, exe Files.
    The original and the "gamespy" patched .
    I rename the file, to start the UT3.exe, for the environment i want, before patch or patched.

Thx
    I can see that your server is up and running through queryport.
    "Hiro 32Bit Protagonist" -"0/16"-"89.163.225.24:9777"-"DM-CarbonFire".

Can you post your commandline here? remove login and password information.

Comment

I have a problem with the gs patch
      I get a runtime error
      on the heading it says Microsoft visual c++ runtime error.
      am I putting this in wrong
      I followed the instructions please help thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dragondude View Post
        I have a problem with the gs patch
        I get a runtime error
        on the heading it says Microsoft visual c++ runtime error.
        am I putting this in wrong
        I followed the instructions please help thanks
        Check your antivirus. Give it a try by adding ut3 in your antivirus exception list.

Comment

Anyone else getting this? https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...9#post31844849

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
            Did you see my post here? https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...9#post31844849

o

waves

Comment

I copied the gspatch to ut3 like I was suppose to but I get a ms visual c++ runtime error
              can someone please help

OK is there a 2.1 version maybe that's what I am missing

Comment

Did you unzip it? Did you make sure it was in the binaries folder that is in your program files? Did you make sure you are patched all the way to 2.1? Did you remove the original UT3.exe?

Comment

I got something for Shambler. I'm writing a PM in a sec. Don't know when he's available. It's something that would help people/players a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
                    You will need to ignore the unverified publisher error. Voids is probably still on gamespy and Beers is on the new master.

I haven' seen that error yet, at least not when the file wasn't being blocked by an anti virus or put in the wrong folder, but it appears you have put it in the right folder. Are you sure you have patched to 2.1?
                    I'm pretty sure I am, I downloaded the official patches sticky noted on the top of one of these forums Titan Pack https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...wnload-mirrors says Patch 4 on there.
                    Is there an unofficial one I'm missing?
                    And with unverified publisher files I just get a warning and then can usually run the programs. Antivirus doesn't have any log of blocking it from running. Maybe I need a different VC++ package? I know htere's multiple versions of those. Seems from other poster's that they've had a similar runtime error with the files - I tried from both download sources.

Comment

An official one is missing. Patch5 (alias v2.1).
                      http://www.fileplanet.com/199547/dow...nt-3---Patch-5

PS: This is the official link posted on unrealtournament3.com. You can also search the web for the latest v2.1 patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeytun View Post
                        I can see that your server is up and running through queryport.
                        "Hiro 32Bit Protagonist" -"0/16"-"89.163.225.24:9777"-"DM-CarbonFire".

Can you post your commandline here? remove login and password information.
                        Hi Zeytun,

I have made a fresh installation, now all looks fine.
                        thanks for support.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by baalism View Post
                            I'm pretty sure I am, I downloaded the official patches sticky noted on the top of one of these forums Titan Pack https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...wnload-mirrors says Patch 4 on there.
                            Is there an unofficial one I'm missing?
                            And with unverified publisher files I just get a warning and then can usually run the programs. Antivirus doesn't have any log of blocking it from running. Maybe I need a different VC++ package? I know htere's multiple versions of those. Seems from other poster's that they've had a similar runtime error with the files - I tried from both download sources.
                            Yes, you will need patch 5 that Rattsn4ke posted below your last reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
                              Glad you got it sorted out.
                              me too
                              thx at all

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                                I got something for Shambler. I'm writing a PM in a sec. Don't know when he's available. It's something that would help people/players a lot.
                                Got your PM - very nice

For others: RattleSN4K3 put together a patch installer for the new binary, by repurposing the old UT3 patch installer:
                                http://www.mediafire.com/download/6j...PatchGS_21.exe

Thanks for putting that together!

Comment

Working...
                                X