Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer drinkers isn't up for me - maybe the new executable is required to join it. Welcome to the void's there though.
    I'm surprised if I'm the only one with this error, but I didn't read all the posts.
    Is there some other way of doing this since the unverified publisher executable is an error ?

i.e since a random gamer wrote the patch, why couldn't epic digitally sign their own patch - getting rid of that message, and make sure it works?

Comment

You will need to ignore the unverified publisher error. Voids is probably still on gamespy and Beers is on the new master.

I haven' seen that error yet, at least not when the file wasn't being blocked by an anti virus or put in the wrong folder, but it appears you have put it in the right folder. Are you sure you have patched to 2.1?

Comment

Originally posted by rek View Post
        beer drinkres is up I spec there today.

also a weird thing. Dead gamers tears is still in my history, and shows 9999 ping, but I can join it. but it doesn't show up in my server browser. how weird is that? and seeing as how I had to create a new nick to play again, how are all those olde servers in my server history anyways?
        Gamespy is still up for some reason and any server still on it can be joined even with the new exe.

Comment

Yeah, there's something going on that's not understood. Beer drinkers has started to randomly disappear after being up for a day or so.

Also, the server was brought over with no changes, was working on gamespy, but is now having issues. The length of the command line didn't change, so I don't understand how the new epic master can be more forgiving.

There's more than a length issue perhaps.

The server may go back on gamespy as long as it's up.

Comment

Definitely some odd issues going on, some servers have no issues at all and others seem to have lots. Shambler is working on a few issues that were found in the server patch that may fix these issues, we will get it up as soon as we can folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
              Gamespy is still up for some reason and any server still on it can be joined even with the new exe.
              I suspect gamespy will continue by end of this month to give more time to some game companies to find a solution. I don't remember where but I saw somewhere indicating June 31st as the down time.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
                Yeah, there's something going on that's not understood. Beer drinkers has started to randomly disappear after being up for a day or so.

Also, the server was brought over with no changes, was working on gamespy, but is now having issues. The length of the command line didn't change, so I don't understand how the new epic master can be more forgiving.

There's more than a length issue perhaps.

The server may go back on gamespy as long as it's up.
                as you say cmd length is not the issue. I removed everything from cmd line and just kept the must, but still disappearing happened.

Comment

Other servers ?

I don't play UT3 online very often, but I didn't patch yet and it looks like some servers are still active. What does this mean? Will they also appear in my patched game or will just more servers appear in patched game? Thanks.

Comment

Until they are all on the new master server they will continue to show up using gamespy until it goes down for good if they are not patched. If you patch your game you will be able to see the ones that are on the new master server but not the ones on gamespy. If you don't patch your game you will be able to see the ones on gamespy but not the ones on the new master server.

Comment

Any news from GameSpy themselves about theirs still being online?

Comment

Originally posted by WishfulThinking View Post
                        Any news from GameSpy themselves about theirs still being online?
                        I guess this applies to most of the games on gamespy.
                        http://www.ea.com/news/update-on-ea-...ted-on-gamespy

Comment

Hello,
                          now i have a little Problem.

My TAM Server isnt in Browser list of TEAM Death Match.

The server has the same online account name as by gamespy. (i have try it, with different name to)

When i start the server with the old bin file the server is shown in Browser list.

But when i start the server with the new bin file the server isnt shown in Browser list.

I was with the client in the particular environment.

I have try several things other server and query ports but the server isn´t shown in Browser list.

When i try to join ip, i get an error " Failed to find a server matching specified ip and port" But i can connect direct.

Am grateful for any help

greetings

UTSnowCrash

PS you can join the Server under 89.163.225.24:9777

Comment

Just wanted to point out that if you are using the Steam version of UT3, you don't have to wait for Steam to update the .exe (which still hasn't happened, as I discovered yesterday). You can download and manually place the new .exe yourself, just as with the stand-alone retail version. I encountered no issues when I did this.

Comment

Originally posted by snowcrash View Post
                              I have try several things other server and query ports but the server isn´t shown in Browser list.
                              When i try to join ip, i get an error " Failed to find a server matching specified ip and port" But i can connect direct.
                              Can you tell engine version of your server before and after using patch?

Comment

Hey guys, it looks as if Gamespy extended their shutdown day until the end of June. That is why you can still connect even if you haven't patched. Their servers will shut down on June 30th.

Comment

Working...
                                X