Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gamespy Patch Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meekx View Post
    When should we do this? Now?
    It's looking like Monday night Kong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
      I am just another player that loves the game and offered to help since we all know Epic has other things on their minds right now. The patch was made by someone much more talented than me, that's for sure lol.
      Hmm. I guess there are several guys who are willing to help if it's just that (including me). The game has still some major flaws which could have been fixed someway. I always thought Epic won't take any help from the community for UT3 (MPVs exluded).

Comment

I am just here to help people get the patch installed since I was honored enough to be able to beta test it.

Comment

It's looking like Monday night Kong.
          thank you very much I appreciate it

Comment

Well this is sad news.

Although I appreciate EPIC Games continuing support for the game by doing this, I believe that they should still continue tracking stats, even if it's from the start again.
            Couldn't GameSpy sell it to EPIC?,

As previously said it should be put into an installation exe and even fix some bugs with the game at the same time.

Comment

Wishful thinking... WishfulThinking.

Comment

Quick note, if for some reason your game is patched before the servers you like to play on, you can still join them through your favorites or by direct connection. They will ping 9999 until they have been patched but are completely joinable although they appear offline.

Comment

Quick note, if for some reason your game is patched before the servers you like to play on, you can still join them through your favorites or by direct connection. They will ping 9999 until they have been patched but are completely joinable although they appear offline.
                  How do I create a new account?

Comment

Will this update break any of our mods?

Comment

Originally posted by Artaneius View Post
                      Will this update break any of our mods?
                      Nope, it's a simple exe replacement that just tells your game to look at the new master server instead of gamespy.

Comment

Any chance that this will "fix" the "duplicate logon detected" error? (I.e., was that a Gamespy issue or a UT3 issue or was it completely client-side?)

https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...erver-was-lost

Comment

Will this patch fix the hosting problem? I personally have tried hosting on lan/internet games with ports all opened and my friends cannot join me.

Even tried the dual login method and hosting with dedicated server, my friends still cannot join my games.

Or the steam error which is - UT3: Not authorized to play on Steam

Does the patch fix that?

Comment

Originally posted by HHero View Post
                            Will this patch fix the hosting problem? I personally have tried hosting on lan/internet games with ports all opened and my friends cannot join me.

Even tried the dual login method and hosting with dedicated server, my friends still cannot join my games.

Or the steam error which is - UT3: Not authorized to play on Steam

Does the patch fix that?

As Bubbazx2 said:

Nope, it's a simple exe replacement that just tells your game to look at the new master server instead of gamespy.
                            and even Flak herself, has said the patch will fix nothing else but tell your UT3 to look at their master server to obtain a list of servers to join, sadly this is not a 2014 UT3 game update patch, that we'd like :P.

The only server related issue I've come across is using dedicated server package for a lan server, I cannot get the game's local browser to see it on the network, weather using -lanplay in command-line or ?IsLANMatch=True ... though direct IP works flawlessly.

Comment

Regarding the 'Non-Admin-Not-Listing-All-servers' issue - that should be fixed with the in-house master server, as it does not use GameSpy's (broken) method, of relying upon ICMP packets for server advertising.

Comment

Folks, please read through the questions already posted. This thread is to allow people to ask questions about the INSTALL of the patch and to post any issues that may arrive AFTER installing the patch. This patch ONLY replaces the master server, so please to don't bury some useful information by asking if bugs from over the years are fixed with it, they aren't unless they were gamespy related. Hope to have the patch put up tonight for you to go ahead and try out.

Comment

Working...
                                X