Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamespy Patch Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Not sure about this as i'm currently not patched and didn't check the server list but the new master server could separate the Pure servers from custom servers more strict (which Gamespy also did a long time ago). If you load a mutator, the Pure flag for a server could be gone... and so you have to search for custom servers to find a server.

    Maybe this is the case for all not-listing servers.

    Comment


      Originally posted by penpen86 View Post
      hi guys,
      i have some problem for show my servers on the server list.... i think the patch for linux server have something of weird problem/incompatibility. like i saw in the previous message i hope is for the mutator (i will do some test tomorrow but i think is the last way) otherwise i have no idea what to do.
      i have also tryed to reinstall the the entire server but nothing.

      what i have done:
      replaced the new ut3-bin with the old
      changed the login name with a new login registration in the .sh
      i have also re install the all server with the ALL patch. in the log DON'T show any kind of error, the server start normally but for some reason won't to show :/

      i hope is for the mutator bug, otherwise any idea???????

      thx
      penpen
      Could you try and load the server with no mutators loading up and see if it shows then for us? Some servers have taken as long as 15 minutes to show up, others show up instantly and even a few have for a short period of time shown up in multiples. Also wondering if the old cmd line addition of bshouldadvertise=true would help, not sure, it's been a long time since I loaded up a server with the need to add that.

      Comment


        Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
        Not sure about this as i'm currently not patched and didn't check the server list but the new master server could separate the Pure servers from custom servers more strict (which Gamespy also did a long time ago). If you load a mutator, the Pure flag for a server could be gone... and so you have to search for custom servers to find a server.

        Maybe this is the case for all not-listing servers.
        It is odd that some servers are experiencing issues when loading multiple mutators, I remember when that was a big issue in the past but it seemed that the servers would come and go, not just never show. I think back then the magic number was two, anything over that and they would sporadically disappear from the list.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Hedsteem View Post
          Taffy Search for the Mutator Loader, I had to use it to get my servers to show. The New Master Server is Buggy, Mutators Break the connection.
          Hey thanks Hed.

          I looked over the mutator loader thread and it appears the anomaly is/was attributed to the length of the command line on a server reboot. I don't know if this is the case for the epic master server since it looks like WebAdmin just appends the existing server command line and executes it on a map restart (haven't really looked into it though). Again, I can tic the check box for mutators in WebAdmin and restart the map and all is fine. I wonder if the gamespy master server would accept the mutator through WebAdmin when the ini command line was too long.

          Anyway, I can't find a DL link for the mutator loader, and using it doesn't show the mutators on the server mutator tab, so I'll probably just keep using WebAdmin.

          For me, there are three places to put a command line entry; Webadmin, the ini file, and NFO has an interface to it as well. So, I may try switching various command line options around to the different areas to see if I can get it to work on a server restart.

          Comment


            Also, just want to thank all for the development and support of this.

            Comment


              While I haven't seen your cmd line, there are things that can be removed from them if you set them in the ini files. A lot of people still load up the cmd line with things that never used to work from the ini's prior to 2.1 but work fine since then. Problem is a lot of things have changed over the years with setting up a server for UT3 and none of it was documented, so if people google instructions for setting one up, they tend to find outdated info.

              Comment


                A good test would be to put the absolute minimal command line options to get the server up + a mutator and see if it would show up in the browser list.

                That would isolate it to either length, or the mutator(s).

                Comment


                  Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                  Not sure about this as i'm currently not patched and didn't check the server list but the new master server could separate the Pure servers from custom servers more strict (which Gamespy also did a long time ago). If you load a mutator, the Pure flag for a server could be gone... and so you have to search for custom servers to find a server.

                  Maybe this is the case for all not-listing servers.
                  There's no extra filtering of that kind with the master server - all servers should list (bar what UT3 itself filters).

                  The GameSpy SDK has a hard-coded query size limit, which the mutator list risks exceeding - and this is a problem on the side of UT3 game servers, the new master server should have even more room for large mutator strings, than the GameSpy one - it may just be that UT3 is hitting that limit within the game server code.

                  The solution to that, if people are having problems, is my old 'Mutator Loader' mutator as Hedsteem suggests, which hides mutators from the list.

                  Comment


                    Where did all the players go?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Shambler View Post
                      The solution to that, if people are having problems, is my old 'Mutator Loader' mutator as Hedsteem suggests, which hides mutators from the list.
                      Are you sure that it is not a trick to make ppl use your old mutator?

                      Sometimes there are some hiccup problems for showing servers, after a minute or so it usually resolves. It happened to me two or three times.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Taffy View Post
                        Hey thanks Hed.

                        I looked over the mutator loader thread and it appears the anomaly is/was attributed to the length of the command line on a server reboot. I don't know if this is the case for the epic master server since it looks like WebAdmin just appends the existing server command line and executes it on a map restart (haven't really looked into it though). Again, I can tic the check box for mutators in WebAdmin and restart the map and all is fine. I wonder if the gamespy master server would accept the mutator through WebAdmin when the ini command line was too long.

                        Anyway, I can't find a DL link for the mutator loader, and using it doesn't show the mutators on the server mutator tab, so I'll probably just keep using WebAdmin.

                        For me, there are three places to put a command line entry; Webadmin, the ini file, and NFO has an interface to it as well. So, I may try switching various command line options around to the different areas to see if I can get it to work on a server restart.

                        To be more exact your Game profile in Webadmin should have Nothing checked but the mutator Loader all other mutators off. The Command Line should have Just the Mutator Loader in the?Mutator= section. Ini makes no impact at all. If you change the Map manually in Webadmin you must Untick all mutators EXECPt the mutator Loader. The way he coded it you add all your mutators in the mutatorloader.ini. I have tested this for Years. and It does work, the New Master server even if Shambler says it will allow more it doesn't..end of story. (Sorry Sham)

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Taffy View Post
                          A good test would be to put the absolute minimal command line options to get the server up + a mutator and see if it would show up in the browser list.

                          That would isolate it to either length, or the mutator(s).
                          Did that already first day as i was the first custom server to use the new system...It worked adding mutators broke it (as my mutator string is longer than normal)

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                            Not sure about this as i'm currently not patched and didn't check the server list but the new master server could separate the Pure servers from custom servers more strict (which Gamespy also did a long time ago). If you load a mutator, the Pure flag for a server could be gone... and so you have to search for custom servers to find a server.

                            Maybe this is the case for all not-listing servers.
                            Nope Incorrect. My server showed as Pure since day one, and Its the Most modded server out there.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Hedsteem View Post
                              Did that already first day as i was the first custom server to use the new system...It worked adding mutators broke it (as my mutator string is longer than normal)
                              It is not only mutator. I had my server shown with long mutator, next day not shown ....
                              Sometimes when you refresh the list, number of server showing changes ...
                              There is something wrong with this masterserver since I never experienced that with GS masterserver.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Zeytun View Post
                                It is not only mutator. I had my server shown with long mutator, next day not shown ....
                                Sometimes when you refresh the list, number of server showing changes ...
                                There is something wrong with this masterserver since I never experienced that with GS masterserver.

                                Agreed but there is No way your mutator Line was longer I looked at your Mutators you ran. You had none according to the Mutator section in the browser. I removed all of mine and it showed up. yep the master server uses the same setup as the old one, I wish Epic would have coded Ut3 servers like they did Ut2004 and had the same setup We told them in the beta test stage not to go with GS but they did'nt listen to the players or Admins. Thanks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X