Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gamespy Patch Info

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you replaced the original UT3.exe with the new one? If so then the next time you load the game you will need to log into the new master server. You can use the same username and password but you have to go through the process of creating a character again.

Comment

Originally posted by [S]JZL View Post
      I must be dumb as a post. How do I do this? Where's the new master server? I have to do some command line edits somewhere?
      Hey JZL, After you have swapped in the new UT3.exe and started the game; at the bottom of the log-in screen there is a button to "Create Profile". Just click on that and fill in the appropriate details. Nothing in the routine tells you that you are on the new server... except the fact that you are recreating your player nick.

-quirk

Comment

Now there are at least 5 or 6 servers are shown by new epic masterserver. I guess the number will rise by this weekend.

Comment

I will switch all my servers on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeytun View Post
            Now there are at least 5 or 6 servers are shown by new epic masterserver. I guess the number will rise by this weekend.
            Hopefully,

GameTracker has been notified. They say they should have an update in a week, they've also disabled the auto-deletion of servers that are offline for a period of time.

Comment

This is a patch thread. Please take this conversation to another area. Judge Judy is available after 10am.

Comment

Originally posted by geronaho View Post
                This is a patch thread. Please take this conversation to another area. Judge Judy is available after 10am.
                Exactly Please remove all these post...their clogging up a very important thread. Please make a new thread regarding your Map list project!

Comment

Hi,

seems that both patches works, Client (Windows 7 64 Bit) and Server (Linux Centos 6.4 64 Bit).

Good work.

Thanks

Comment

Appears gametracker has pushed an update and servers are now showing online even on the new master. Many thanks to those that helped them get it going!

Comment

Nice.

----------------------

Just one thought.

The master server stores the information for each server and may check if the game servers are still alive. Clients will ask a master server for a specific game type (or all). The master server will respond with a list of available servers. The master server is only aware of custom servers because these servers register themselves on that master server.

Now here's a fancy idea, not sure if some is able to work on the master sever but...

The current list of all servers could be stored into the new master. The important information could be retrieved from a 3rd party service for instance GameTracker (if GameSpy won't supply these information). The new master server will just check if these servers are not patched (basically by checking if the account from that server is already registered) to not add a duplicate entry.

Every patched client should be able to search for (/retrieve the list of) all the available patched and non-patched servers. If the non-patched servers won't change their IP, they will be available as long as the new master server can retrieve data from it (query).

The advantage:
                      No servers will be gone (as long as they use a static address).

The disadvantage:
                      - Some additional work on the master server
                      - GameTracker/GameSpy might not provide enough data
                      - Verficaton isn't possible as the login incredentials are missing (which could be protected by the EULA of GameSpy [i guess]).

The basic data can be retrieved here:
                      http://gstadmin.gamespy.net/masterse...gamename=ut3pc

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                        Nice.

----------------------

Just one thought.

The master server stores the information for each server and may check if the game servers are still alive. Clients will ask a master server for a specific game type (or all). The master server will respond with a list of available servers. The master server is only aware of custom servers because these servers register themselves on that master server.

Now here's a fancy idea, not sure if some is able to work on the master sever but...

The current list of all servers could be stored into the new master. The important information could be retrieved from a 3rd party service for instance GameTracker (if GameSpy won't supply these information). The new master server will just check if these servers are not patched (basically by checking if the account from that server is already registered) to not add a duplicate entry.

Every patched client should be able to search for (/retrieve the list of) all the available patched and non-patched servers. If the non-patched servers won't change their IP, they will be available as long as the new master server can retrieve data from it (query).

The advantage:
                        No servers will be gone (as long as they use a static address).

The disadvantage:
                        - Some additional work on the master server
                        - GameTracker/GameSpy might not provide enough data
                        - Verficaton isn't possible as the login incredentials are missing (which could be protected by the EULA of GameSpy [i guess]).

The basic data can be retrieved here:
                        http://gstadmin.gamespy.net/masterse...gamename=ut3pc
                        Ah, that'd be a lot more work than it sounds - the long and short of it, is that servers need to be directly in contact with the master server, and so need the updated binaries.

Comment

Sadly there is no exposed UDP protocol (in UT3), otherwise I would try a client sided pure UnrealScript solution as PoC.

Comment

GameTracker as put an update out so now GameTracker can see both old UT3 and new UT3 servers.

Comment

Originally posted by nohairs View Post
                              Hey JZL, After you have swapped in the new UT3.exe and started the game; at the bottom of the log-in screen there is a button to "Create Profile". Just click on that and fill in the appropriate details. Nothing in the routine tells you that you are on the new server... except the fact that you are recreating your player nick.

-quirk
                              Thx. Found it.

Comment

Originally posted by [S]JZL View Post
                                Thx. Found it.
                                Cool. I blew by it about 4 times before realizing it was right there. lol .Testing the patch now.

Comment

Working...
                                X