Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RattleSN4K3 > Will stats be stored on Epic's server?
    Bubbaxm2 > Stats are unfortunately gone. Gamepsy will not share that tech with Epic.
    Bubbaxm2 > Stats will no longer be tracked at all.
    joeaccord > http://ut3stats.dfbgaming.com/ info is: After May 31st, this website will no longer be able to display up-to-date stats.
    joeaccord > As you've probably heard, all services based on GameSpy technology will be shut down.
    joeaccord > You will still be able to play UT3 without any global stats tracking.
    joeaccord > Please visit Epic Games' UT3 forum for more information.
    joeaccord > https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...spy-Patch-Info

RattleSN4K3 > What about "friends"?
    Bubbaxm2 > Friends will likely have to be re added as well. Favorites also.

RattleSN4K3 > What about the query interface on servers (port 6500) which is adressed by GameSpy? What happens to server monitor sites?
    Bubbaxm2 > Not sure.

RattleSN4K3 > What about Linux servers?
    Bubbaxm2 > Worked for us.

RattleSN4K3 > What about the Non-Admin-Not-Listing-All-servers bug?
    Bubbaxm2 > Never seen it.
    joeaccord > all info about UT3 servers will be lost ...

RattleSN4K3 > What about original aliases which are registered by a different user?
    RattleSN4K3 > What about fake aliases?
    Bubbaxm2 > No different now than ever before.

RattleSN4K3 > What happens with NAT (through Stun) for private servers?
    Bubbaxm2 > Nothing that I know of.

RattleSN4K3 > What happens to the Subsystem (for coders)?
    Bubbaxm2 > Nothing that I know of, but I am not a coder.

RattleSN4K3 > Why isn't it an official patch (installer) which just replaces the exe file...?
    Bubbaxm2 > When looking at the list of games that are being completely killed off by the loss of Gamespy, this is better than the alternative.

Comment

maybe it's a good idea to have some kind of installation to check version and also does the replacement.

Comment

If you are unsure if you have installed the latest patch, just reinstall it... it does not hurt, I think ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by iskadogZ|Hero_raIS View Post
          I apology alot, NecroSlut found out she used patch 2.0 -_-''
          She will now go download patch 2.1 and then the new patch

Im really sorry
          No worries, glad that got sorted out

Comment

Originally posted by joeaccord View Post
            RattleSN4K3 > What about the Non-Admin-Not-Listing-All-servers bug?
            zero server listing in the patch ...
            That issue is caused by the GameSpy master server requesting ICMP packets (which require admin) instead of UDP packets, for server queries - the new master server doesn't have this problem, game servers will only use UDP with it.

Comment

Sucks that after gamespy shuts down we will practically lose all of the community with retail versions and that have no clue what's going on. Not everybody knows what is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by joeaccord View Post
                RattleSN4K3 > What about the query interface on servers (port 6500) which is adressed by GameSpy? What happens to server monitor sites?
                Bubbaxm2 > Not sure.
                This should work as before, except any services that rely upon contacting the GameSpy master server, to first list servers, before querying servers directly, will now have to switch to the new master server.

Comment

Did anyone patch Linux servers yet?

I think I will wait until 1st of June before patching...

Comment

Originally posted by NovaZzZ View Post
                    Sucks that after gamespy shuts down we will practically lose all of the community with retail versions and that have no clue what's going on. Not everybody knows what is happening.
                    The word is getting out there and will continue to spread. I am sure that if people can't log on to play on the 1st, they will be looking for the reason why. Do your part and spread the word, maybe we won't lose any.

Comment

Thanks Epic for the new master server!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
                        Do your part and spread the word, maybe we won't lose any.
                        Yeah do your part sjeesh! Everyone should twit this on tweeter.

v 3 3

Comment

So all someone did was use a Hex Editor to change some stuff?- eh?

- what's up with all the secrecy; can someone just post what they did to make the patch, or is this super secretive code?

Comment

No secrecy at all. It is just easier to distribute it this way.

Comment

The important part of the patch is the new master server. That's in Epic's hand now which is great. Every client would just need to route his data to Epic's master server. You could use a DNS in your router, or use the hosts file. Could be the same. But this is the easiest solution (or someone buys the domain. Lol).

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
                                Once you have the new .exe and go to log on it will tell you that username and password are wrong. You will need to recreate any and all of your usernames on the new master server as all of the ones you have registered on Gamespy will go away with Gamespy. You can use the same names as before and even the same passwords, you just need to have them registered on the new server now instead of Gamespy. Even if you have over 100 of them like Xeanderthal.
                                I must be dumb as a post. How do I do this? Where's the new master server? I have to do some command line edits somewhere?

Comment

Working...
                                X