No announcement yet.

The new UT, Open Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also to note your character is walking in air also, you should use statement if unit is grounded, don't know in ue4, but unity has a simple command if grounded to this/that.
    Also i tried every key, there seems not to have crouch you should implement this simple things, then use 1 test map, focus weapons and pickups. Rest is up to community since its "open" tournament.

Comment

How is the recent announcement of the new Unreal Tournament going to affect this?

It sounds like it's essentially the same thing.

Comment

Victor announced on the UE4 "Works in Progress" forums that he is shutting it down which totally makes sense. The OT team will be supporting the new UT from this point forward. Did OT cause the new UT to happen? Maybe we'll never know...

Comment

Standardized 'core' gameplay presumably?

Otherwise you'll end up with a fragmented community and many games. The 'core' being: movement - hopefully with enough depth to constantly offer new challenges to noob and pro alike. Learning/perfecting wall dodging and hammer jumps was/is one of the joys of UT. The thing that sets it apart from other shooters where you run around like a brick with legs.

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
            Did OT cause the new UT to happen? Maybe we'll never know...
            My Magic-8 ball says "Yes". And that confirms my idea that game companies like to make money off the sequels to their own games (marketplace thing).

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
              Victor announced on the UE4 "Works in Progress" forums that he is shutting it down which totally makes sense. The OT team will be supporting the new UT from this point forward. Did OT cause the new UT to happen? Maybe we'll never know...
              Great!

You've got to be dedicated to the project to decide to make Open Tournament, so I'm sure you guys will be a great asset to the new UT team.

Comment

Working...
              X