Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

The new UT, Open Tournament

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new UT, Open Tournament

For everyone who doesn't know, Open Tournament, the spiritual successor to Unreal Tournament, is being developed using Unreal Engine 4. There was a popular thread already made about this topic but I'm going to clarify things for you guys and point out the main forum they are using for discussion. Please sign up and post your suggestions and ideas, as well as feedback on development. The community is the key subject here and what makes a great game.

http://otforums.varitechllc.com/inde...8979f6d51bb81e

We already have a few weapons and the multiplayer coded at this moment. A first pre alpha version is coming soon
    see the video in the other thread for current progress

Comment

Sounds interesting and might attract some "abandoned" players like me.
      I can't visualize it yet.
      So it might look like this one?
      http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/04/HL2-UDK2.jpg
      (It's from http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/03/ha...ooks-stunning/)

Of course I won't ask somethine like, "When will it be released?", but any plans to release any kind of beta this year?

Cheers!

Comment

Hopefully some of the CBP, HOLP, COMP and UOF mappers will join the party once there is a good base to build on. Then this thing should really take off.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
          Sounds interesting and might attract some "abandoned" players like me.
          I can't visualize it yet.
          So it might look like this one?
          http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/04/HL2-UDK2.jpg
          (It's from http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/03/ha...ooks-stunning/)

Of course I won't ask somethine like, "When will it be released?", but any plans to release any kind of beta this year?
          Cheers!
          At the start, no way. We are going more for a stylized and clean look (mostly becouse we dont have artists good enought to do things like that). The first alpha is coming in one week max, it will be VERY WIP, but will have working multiplayer in a handful of maps and enough weapons to make it interesting. It wont have any anticheat, so cheating would be insanely easy, but thats becouse the important parts of the multiplayer arent implemented.
          We have working multiplayer, but handling it on real world cases is untested, so the first version is for movement balance, weapon balance, and improvements to multiplayer framework.

Comment

Why wouldn't we just get an UT4, that sounds a lot better

Comment

Oh Yeah!
              And this be allowed?
              Maybe what Unreal truly needs is
              a new singleplayer alien fight game!
              At least i didnt like those pop "styled"
              Open Arena stuffs much.

Comment

Does the new engine support 6-8 core processors?

Comment

Originally posted by WishfulThinking View Post
                  Why wouldn't we just get an UT4, that sounds a lot better
                  Well, they are not working on one now so even if they started tomorrow, it would be a few years away. OT will be the only thing for us on UE4 for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaal979 View Post
                    Oh Yeah!
                    And this be allowed?
                    Maybe what Unreal truly needs is
                    a new singleplayer alien fight game!
                    At least i didnt like those pop "styled"
                    Open Arena stuffs much.
                    It WILL be allowed. You can read Epic's response HERE.

Comment

Originally posted by vblanco View Post
                      At the start, no way. We are going more for a stylized and clean look (mostly becouse we dont have artists good enought to do things like that). The first alpha is coming in one week max, it will be VERY WIP, but will have working multiplayer in a handful of maps and enough weapons to make it interesting. It wont have any anticheat, so cheating would be insanely easy, but thats becouse the important parts of the multiplayer arent implemented.
                      We have working multiplayer, but handling it on real world cases is untested, so the first version is for movement balance, weapon balance, and improvements to multiplayer framework.
                      Yeah people need to have realistic expectations!

Comment

Originally posted by vblanco View Post
                        It wont have any anticheat, so cheating would be insanely easy, but thats becouse the important parts of the multiplayer arent implemented.
                        From the little bit that I've read, FairFight seems to be doing a good job for TitanFall. I have no idea if you could use that for your game. And you guys are awesome, btw.

Comment

The best news i got over the last years!

Comment

The information from Open Tournament sounds very good. - Guys from CP3 are already working with this team.

Perhaps they can get some of the developer of "Nexuiz Classic" by Alientrap or Xonotic.
                            Nexuiz by IllFonic and THQ has been stopped. It's not available anymore after the know problems of THQ.

And there are still the old sources of OpenUT (1) ... OpenUT (2) and OpenUT (3).

I wish you the best with this project. Thumbs up!

Open Tournament Forums
                            Open Tournament at Sourceforge
                            Open Tournament Unreal Engine Forums

Comment

Finally, Epic has something to say about the future of UT!
                              "Sad" news for OT, as we are just getting started. The basic movement, the basic weapons, some proto maps...

Comment

Working...
                              X