Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamespy Servers Shutting Down - Epic moving all UT servers in-house

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by NovaZzZ View Post
    As I mentioned above UT99 and UT2K4 use a different master server and have been for a few years now
    Sorry but you seem slightly misinformed on this matter.
    Sadly, but It's vice versa.

    The Epic master server for UT99 is out of order for a long time now.
    The only working one was the GS master server.

    Comment


      #77
      Guys, we'll do what it takes to be sure everyone can still play. We'll have more information about what you need to do in the coming weeks. We've tested the Shambler version of the UT3 master with members of the community and its been working well. We should have it ready to go soon so you can try it out.

      Comment


        #78
        Thanks for the update, Flak.
        I hope this upcoming information covers UT1 as well.

        Comment


          #79
          @FLAK: Let me know when it out. I am willing to test, with one or more server, if you want.

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by Flak View Post
            Guys, we'll do what it takes to be sure everyone can still play. We'll have more information about what you need to do in the coming weeks. We've tested the Shambler version of the UT3 master with members of the community and its been working well. We should have it ready to go soon so you can try it out.
            Thanks for the update, Flak.
            We, in the UT community appreciate your efforts to keep us informed!

            Comment


              #81
              <3 flak!

              [ATTACH=CONFIG]15571[/ATTACH]

              Comment


                #82
                Im one of the older people who is not very geeky. So yall get to help me out.......

                Comment


                  #83
                  ROMO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ill help ya bro! no prob!

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by Flak View Post
                    Guys, we'll do what it takes to be sure everyone can still play. We'll have more information about what you need to do in the coming weeks. We've tested the Shambler version of the UT3 master with members of the community and its been working well. We should have it ready to go soon so you can try it out.
                    That doesn't answer our questions about UT99 though. Most of us players that have been around since the beginning simply do not care for UT3 and many of us also don't care for UT2k4 either as those games have been quite a bit off in a lot of aspects, in fact UT99 is the most populated out of those three at the moment so if that goes down, there's going to be a lot more players disappointed.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Originally posted by Lee_Stricklin View Post
                      That doesn't answer our questions about UT99 though. Most of us players that have been around since the beginning simply do not care for UT3 and many of us also don't care for UT2k4 either as those games have been quite a bit off in a lot of aspects, in fact UT99 is the most populated out of those three at the moment so if that goes down, there's going to be a lot more players disappointed.
                      Back in my day there was Windows XP.

                      smile

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Originally posted by geronaho View Post
                        Back in my day there was Windows XP.

                        smile
                        And you had to reboot uphill? Both ways? In the snow?

                        In all seriousness,
                        I am pretty sure All the UT versions will be okay, don't worry! Frag Happy!

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by Bah_Mee View Post
                          In all seriousness,
                          I am pretty sure All the UT versions will be okay, don't worry! Frag Happy!
                          Yeah belief in God/Krishna/Spaghetti Monster and everything will be fine.

                          Sorry ...but that's not how reality works... We UT99 player don't even have a forum here anymore. We have to worry.
                          And that's why we have to ask.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
                            Yeah belief in God/Krishna/Spaghetti Monster and everything will be fine.

                            Sorry ...but that's not how reality works... We UT99 player don't even have a forum here anymore. We have to worry.
                            And that's why we have to ask.
                            I asked other UT99 and 2k4 players and they said that they do not run off the master server anymore from gamespy.

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Hopefully, there will be an announcement somewhere for all 3 games (UT/UT2004/UT3). I still have all 3 installed (as well as Unreal and UT2003), so getting them all straight would be nice. Even though I don't play a lot online, it would be nice to have it all straight and just jump in when I want to.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Ok. There is a great amount of speculation, discord and genuine concern about the loss of this server.

                                Can someone answer this simple question:
                                Will there be a master server for all versions of Unreal Tournament? (in addition to 333's)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X