Gamespy Servers Shutting Down - Epic moving all UT servers in-house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamespy Servers Shutting Down - Epic moving all UT servers in-house

Heya, I just want to let you remaining UT3 players know that the remaining Gamespy services including UT3 Master Server List is shutting down. Here is the link http://teambeyond.net/halo-pc-shutting/

The remaining games still on gamespy, UT3 included will no longer be able to use the master server to find and connect to servers. So you better learn your favorite servers IP address before the shutdown, because that will be the only way to connect to online games anymore. The IP for my server Midwest Main Server is 50.172.33.158 for those who play or want to play on my server. Here is another link to gamespy that confirms this http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/pricing/

How will we be able to login to play UT3 at all if Gamespy is shutting down? Doesn't UT3 rely on Gamespy to "login" to your account so you can play online?

Comment

Oh no. Steam integration alert.

Comment

Just To let you guys know this is probably putting the nail in the coffin for UT3. If that's the case then I'm going to cancel my servers and never think about this game again.

Comment

@RattleSN4K3
          I'd prefer that. But then I wonder if that means a slight upgrade to aspects of the interface. The upgrades certainly won't be coming from Epic... since they haven't touched UT in years. Maybe from Valve if they get permission from Epic? I dunno how these things work.

@Novaz
          So dramatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetid View Post
            @RattleSN4K3
            I'd prefer that. But then I wonder if that means a slight upgrade to aspects of the interface. The upgrades certainly won't be coming from Epic... since they haven't touched UT in years. Maybe from Valve if they get permission from Epic? I dunno how these things work.
            I pretty much doubt it. It would be too much of a complicated process. Alot of players don't use steam for UT3 and use the main exe from installation disk to play. There is absolutely no reason to play UT3 anymore.

Comment

Mmm... this would probably be a good time for Epic to patch Gamespy right out of this game, fix remaining issues and offer some new content :P If UT3 was more popular, I could see that as being realistic. Sadly, that's not likely to happen. I hate to sound negative, but I can't imagine a happy ending with this game.

Comment

It's ok. I'll just play with bots. /wrist

Comment

While I am not a betting man, if I were I would be willing to bet that Epic is working on a patch for this issue. While UT might not be the latest and greatest, it is always going to be a part of Epic and surely they would not let it end like this.

Comment

I sent a message to Flak on Steam on more information about what will happen to UT3 when Gamespy closes completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
                      While I am not a betting man, if I were I would be willing to bet that Epic is working on a patch for this issue. While UT might not be the latest and greatest, it is always going to be a part of Epic and surely they would not let it end like this.
                      While I wish this was true, it won't be. Other gsmes like Battlefield 2 or cod2 and cod4 will have this problem fixed but epic no longer has staff to accommodate for UT'S needs.
                      Originally posted by Artaneius View Post
                      I sent a message to Flak on Steam on more information about what will happen to UT3 when Gamespy closes completely.
                      Hopefully we will get a clear answer to what's going to happen.

Comment

going to stop mine...not enough players anyway

Comment

From here: http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/3/5579...ng-matchmaking

Epic has been "phasing out" GameSpy for its Unreal series of first-person shooters, said a spokesperson, adding, "We're spinning [up an in-house solution] next week and we don't foresee any impact."

I am not sure how credible that link is.

Maybe this will mean no more duplicate logins?

Comment

Well, I hope this isn't the end. Hopefully Epic can figure something out. But I remain optimistic something will come up.

Comment

Originally posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
                              From here: http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/3/5579...ng-matchmaking

Epic has been "phasing out" GameSpy for its Unreal series of first-person shooters, said a spokesperson, adding, "We're spinning [up an in-house solution] next week and we don't foresee any impact."

I am not sure how credible that link is.

Maybe this will mean no more duplicate logins?
                              That sounds pretty credible so that is good news. I doubt Epic will let the game die that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X