[PS3] Cannot login or play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PS3] Cannot login or play.

As the title suggests, I cannot login via the PSN.

The game loads but becomes very laggy as soon as the main menu loads. It also wont sign in, and gives the 'not connected to PSN' message on any game mode, even though I am signed in. The game eventually crashes and locks up the console.

I have deleted all data and re-downloaded the updates, and tried the US and UK versions of the game disc and the same thing happens.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

ffrr

i think its a gamespy issue....some people are still playing...my ut3 goes choppy as soon as i go online,even before trying to join a server...cheers

Comment

Same thing is happening to me and several others who have posted over at iamgaming. This appears to be a gamespy login problem and not PSN. When UT3 starts, it tries to log in to gamespy which fails for some reason. Seems to constantly retry the login and causing the laggy behavior. If it doesn't hang, the game comes up and gives the "not connected to PSN" message. The lagginess continues, at least for me, for another 10 to 15 minutes and then clears up.

I haven't been able to figure out how to report this directly to whoever it is that operates the gamespy stuff these days or I would. If someone at Epic could let them know they've got problems, it would be great.

Thanks!

nerd3

Comment

Originally posted by nerd3 View Post
        Same thing is happening to me and several others who have posted over at iamgaming. This appears to be a gamespy login problem and not PSN. When UT3 starts, it tries to log in to gamespy which fails for some reason. Seems to constantly retry the login and causing the laggy behavior. If it doesn't hang, the game comes up and gives the "not connected to PSN" message. The lagginess continues, at least for me, for another 10 to 15 minutes and then clears up.

I haven't been able to figure out how to report this directly to whoever it is that operates the gamespy stuff these days or I would. If someone at Epic could let them know they've got problems, it would be great.

Thanks!

nerd3
        knowing your background....i'm a little scared if you can't fix it my friend

Comment

i have the same problem as many others ... i tryed to configure connection setting with static ip and changing nat type ( as kindly nerd3 suggest me on psn )... but doesn't works.

So is a gamespy server problem ? ... i hope they will fix it soon.

@nerd3 : your deathmatch server still works on it?

Comment

Thanks for all the replies

I am able to login now.

Comment

Working...
            X