No new Unreal universe games any time soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
    UT3 Trailer stated "The studio that brought you Gears of War". Nuff said. Their main focus wasn't any Unreal-universe game anymore. And I do understand it. The complete gaming business has changed.

+1 to this

Comment

I heard this news a few days ago and I'm not surprised. It's disappointing that Unreal is shelved for good. I don't think a new UT will be coming out again. The demand for Arena shooters is at an all time low and most people have lost interest. The MOBA like games (LOL, DOTA2, Hon, etc.) are getting the most attention At the moment. The age of FPS is over to be honest.

After hearing this news I'm probably going to hang it up for UT3 and I might just play it when I'm asked to play now. I've lost interest in the UT franchise if there is no future for it. However, Games such as Xonotic and Project Nex have somewhat decent futures for them and are both in constant development. Xonotic is my main multiplayer focus as of now.

Hopefully someone can make a good arena shooter out of a UE4. The engine looks **** good.

Comment

What would have been great gesture to the UT community was to put a UT shell in the UE4 Market Place. I'm not saying it is trivial, but if they ported UT3 weapons and some chars, had a basic menu and one level, the community could take it from there.

I've been running around in the "Shooter Game" they put up on the Market Place and it had me wishing that a basic platform for UT was there. They could have a new Make Something Unreal Contest with it. Judging by the activity on the UE4 forum in just a couple of days, I would be surprised if it didn't get a ton of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
          What would have been great gesture to the UT community was to put a UT shell in the UE4 Market Place. I'm not saying it is trivial, but if they ported UT3 weapons and some chars, had a basic menu and one level, the community could take it from there.
          You mean like UDK? Where did the community take that, it certainly wasnt to an arena shooter!

Comment

Originally posted by NovaZzZ View Post
            Xonotic is my main multiplayer focus as of now.
            For me as well and I enjoy it a lot. Project Nex looks very promising as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
              You mean like UDK? Where did the community take that, it certainly wasnt to an arena shooter!
              I was thinking something more along the lines of a fully playable UT game with maybe one map and one character and a dedicated server. Everything people would need to get online and play. I'd start making maps for that tomorrow if it was available. (They might suck but that's a different story...) Multiple gametypes might be too much to ask for free so maybe they could just start with DM.

Comment

..and this is pretty much where my 12 year relationship with epic games ends. it has been a pleasure

now, onwards to glory

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                  I was thinking something more along the lines of a fully playable UT game with maybe one map and one character and a dedicated server.
                  We all dream of a quite 100% UT clone. There are so many legal issues involved that no one has released something like that.

Comment

heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from another you been messin around with UT4

r e o e o

But wait! There is more!

For only $19 a month, you can get full access to the highly exclusive and most anticipated Unreal Engine 4.

https://www.unrealengine.com/register

BONUS ! Bonus !

If you call 867-5309 in the next 10 minutes you can also get a free signed head shot of a UT3 player.

celebrate

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                      We all dream of a quite 100% UT clone. There are so many legal issues involved that no one has released something like that.
                      Sorry I wasn't clear on that. I was talking about Epic themselves putting out a basic UT4 shell and then leaving the rest up to the community. If Epic truly has no plans to do UT4 on UE4, then it would have been a nice way to throw us a bone. Otherwise, this may be the first new Unreal Engine that won't ever have an Unreal game.

Comment

I wish Legend Entertainment was still around. Perhaps they could've redeemed themselves to work on Unreal 3, or at least Epic Games couldve hired someone to work on a sequel to the original Unreal franchise or at the very least a remake of original Unreal could have suffice?

Comment

Working...
                        X