Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No new Unreal universe games any time soon

Here it is folks: http://www.computerandvideogames.com...VG-General-RSS

Tim Sweeney: "We have a lot of nostalgia for the game but we're actually not developing anything in the Unreal game universe at all at the moment."

I'm not necessarily surprised but I am massively dissappointed.

fantastic, besides launching Unreal Tournament 3 completely in alpha-state and abandoning it completely after very few weak patches, the franchise is now, oficially dead. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't surprise me, but every once in a while I was seeking for UT news in my very last hope of having a well-made sequel. RIP unreal-series.

Comment

lol....no surprise here too...all thoses years have prepared us to this...if i m not too wrong...money is required to get full UE4...
      it was a nice adventure though...big thanks to the community....sad days....

Comment

He said "at the moment", but your title sounds like "ever". Dunno, maybe it's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by WGH View Post
          He said "at the moment", but your title sounds like "ever". Dunno, maybe it's just me.
          Okay, I changed the title to make it more verbose even though it didn't read like that to me.

Comment

With 20$ you're able to create an own arena-based shooter... that's left for us. ... :-(
            (but the suscription looks awesome :-)).

Get back Digital Extremes for UT ^^

Comment

Originally posted by WGH View Post
              lol...this will probably be one of the longest "at the moment" of the universe

Comment

Ah well... I guess we'll have to be inventive for UT3 to find new ways to reinvent the wheel as best we can. Not going to be easy.

Comment

Well that's a bummer, not sure if at the moment though.
                  They're still developing the new game Fornite, using UE4.

Comment

Like I said in the other thread.. Disappointed yes but no surprises here I'll keep hoping though one day one day I'll be playing UT4

Comment

Well, guess I have to wait, thanks for the note.

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                        lol...this will probably be one of the longest "at the moment" of the universe
                        Well, I guess some of us are younger and can wait 20 years for the next UT. For myself, I will have to start a new forum called Unreal Ancient Friends at that point . Maybe I'll even hand out some free Depends to new joiners.

Comment

Well I'm 16 at the moment, which I love the Gen Mo'kai
                          alot. And a huge fan of the Unreal franchise.

Comment

Its a real shame but I think the move has been obvious for awhile now since the last 2 years of showcasing the new and highly impressive Unreal Engine 4 and showing almost nothing else in terms of games. As reported by gamespot one thing that does supprise me is the initiative to lease out the brand new engine for $19 a month. So you no longer have to buy the engine for half a mil or anything and just pay epic on a month-to-month basis for using their engine which I have to say, really is very kool by EPIC to do that so it does open up the possibility for someone else to create an Unreal Tournament like game using the brand new engine.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/epi.../1100-6418407/

Comment

Maybe someone will take the initiative on an Unreal fangame and Epic will pull a Timesplitters Rewind

Comment

Working...
                              X