UT3 won't run on a Dell Inspirion 530

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 won't run on a Dell Inspirion 530

Just as the title says. I have a Dell Inspirion 530 Desktop and someone is skeptical saying any game will run on it as long as you install a graphics card

Anyway, I tried telling them games won't run.

Here is the specs of this computer:
    Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 450 @ 2.20GHz

Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

Total RAM: 2.0 GB.

Now, can someone tell me what's wrong and why the game isn't working? Also, please put the Official System Specs for UT3 in your comments. Thanks

LOL I thought you said you installed a GRAPHICS card? What you have there is a big paper weight. Minimum system requirements for video on the back of the UT3 box says Nvidia 6200 or ATI Radeon 9600. Those cards BARELY run the game with all the settings on the lowest setting with random crashing. The biggest problem I see in your post is the word "DELL". That is your biggest problem. You should build your own PC. It's cheaper & easier than you might think, & you'll thank yourself in the long run. Check out Newegg or Tiger Direct. You can get most of the hardware for what you spend on lunch in a week. Get a good power supply that's at least 700 watts. You can get a super fast 4 ghz AMD 8 core processor for 200 bucks! That's a gazillion times better than what you have now. Linky: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Fc07MgodMn0AXA

Comment

Your specs are way too low to effectively run UT3. You need an actual dedicated video card, not intel integrated cards. Here are the minimum requirements for UT3 according to steam. Supported OS: Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
      Processor: 2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor
      Memory: 512 MB RAM
      Graphics: NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
      Sound: Windows Supported Sound Card
      DirectX: DirectX 9.0c

Your cpu BARELY meets the minimum requirements. And your video card is a mass produced cheap pos. You need to upgrade your graphics card first and foremost and also look into at least an i3 or i5 processor. Otherwise stick with the older UT games.
      Hard Disk Space: 8 GB

Comment

This thread made me laugh. I give you a five star.

Comment

One does not simply use a Intel Chipset to run UT3

Comment

After showing the skeptical person (my own father, lol) the replies and comments in this post he actually believes me now lmao! He said he's going to try to get another computer with a more powerful cpu, memory and a graphics card. By the way thanks everyone for your help and comments.

Comment

If you are actively trying to get a gaming machine you would be better off building it yourself. It's not as daunting of a process as it seems (there are plenty of fantastic resources on how to do it on the Internet) and it will be less expensive than buying a pre-built machine with an actual video card.

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal4Eva View Post
                After showing the skeptical person (my own father, lol) the replies and comments in this post he actually believes me now lmao! He said he's going to try to get another computer with a more powerful cpu, memory and a graphics card. By the way thanks everyone for your help and comments.
                He will get more skeptical once he finds out how much good video cards and processors are worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Artaneius View Post
                  He will get more skeptical once he finds out how much good video cards and processors are worth.
                  True. Then who knows, maybe he might change his mind and stick with his Xbox360 lol

Comment

The xbox graphics are horrible compared to the PC. A PC owner doesn't have to worry about "red ring of death" syndrome either!

Comment

Working...
                    X