No announcement yet.

Worth buying UT3 now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to buy it on PC. Not because it's cheap (it's almost free) or because you can play online (online is still very competitive and intense fun).

This game is Unreal Tournement 3, you need to buy it, so can experience it. It can only really be experienced on the PC. There is no other game like it out there, except for the older UT releases.

Once you begin playing it, then you will begin to understand why you had to buy it. Just do it!

Comment

Epic, how about a free weekend on Steam?
      I want to play some large-scale Greed games!

Comment

How about just making it free to play period? I mean what are you holding out for? The game isn't exactly a cash cow.

Comment

How about making it free to hax question mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie_D View Post
            How about making it free to hax question mark.
            That was Homefront!

Comment

Ok, I know it's cheap, but since I'm spending my parent's money on this, it should be worth it

Comment

Originally posted by Beerzebub View Post
                Epic, how about a free weekend on Steam?
                I want to play some large-scale Greed games!
                Throw in the hoverboard on coret and Im in!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWarlock616 View Post
                  Ok, I know it's cheap, but since I'm spending my parent's money on this, it should be worth it
                  In my opinion it is worth it. It is part of the most bad@$ยง franchise ever - however, the story in UT3 seems pretty offplace, if you never played a UT-game before, you might want to play it either way, even if it is no tournament-mode. It will explain some basics to you and make you familiar with the gametypes.
                  If you need some tips, I made a tips-thread. You can find it among the sticky threads here in the General Chat subforum (the threads on top of the subforum) and in my signature. Most of what I noted down there can be pretty handy in online-matches since players move and jump much more compared to bots.
                  Other than that, the range of custom content is really huge. There are many mutators that change the gameplay, weapons and so on, and many maps with lots of different themes and different gameplay. And if you have a vision of an environment to play in that nobody realized yet, it comes with a level editor, the Unreal Editor, so you can create that environment yourself and share it with other people here on these forums. It will take some time until one is familiar with the editor if it is the first time, but many people can help or point to tutorials if necessary.

Comment

Ok, I'll buy it soon. Thanks a lot for the responses guys, it really means a lot to me, I will own all of you in game

Comment

Working...
                    X