Worth buying UT3 now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth buying UT3 now?

I want to play online. Are there many players on?

UT3 no longer works online unless you know the IP of the server you want to connect to, as Gamespy has shut down.

Comment

What? That's not true. UT3 runs fine online (master browser is working).

GameSpy Technology has not stopped its services. GameSpy Industries, Inc. has shut down. yes. Two pair of shoes.

Regarding the question:
      What is the price? 5 dollars? It's worth it. Some game types are frequently played.

Comment

Hedsteem has a large community that plays on our all custom VCTF server. I have a custom Warfare server that I am still making new stuff for. RIIP has an all custom greed gametype that I made for them & they also play a lot of DM.

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
          What? That's not true. UT3 runs fine online (master browser is working).

GameSpy Technology has not stopped its services. GameSpy Industries, Inc. has shut down. yes. Two pair of shoes.

Regarding the question:
          What is the price? 5 dollars? It's worth it. Some game types are frequently played.
          Indeed UT3 is still operational.

Originally posted by MrWarlock616 View Post
          The community is small but dedicated. I still find full servers from day to day.

Comment

so it's a yes from you guys ?

Comment

yes yes yes yes yes yes

Comment

There are several servers with decent player numbers.

If your new to UT3, plan on practicing DM offline for a week or so in order to learn the basics before you join a server. There are a very wide range of player skill online.

Check out this tutorial for a quick start http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=760071

Good luck and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWarlock616 View Post
                  If you on Xbox 360, there is people still playing UT3 and good way for achievements.

Comment

Many of the extremely high-skilled players have stopped playing, and not many low-skilled players stick around for very long. The remaining 80-90% are well experienced regulars whose overall skill ranges from mediocre to very good.

If you are new, and want to play online straight away, here are some maybe-good ideas:
                    • Go ahead join, and say "What's up, I'm new, just learning, teach me stuff" or something … most folks will be very cool with that and very happy that you're playing.
                    • Pay special attention to the players who move well. They will stand out, and watching how they play will give you many good habits to pick up.
                    • If you're playing, say, Warfare, start off by taking a support role, i.e. do lots of vehicle-healing and defending teammates. Leave Orbs for regulars at first, closely watch their patterns and where they go, and take note of the decisions they make. Likewise for (V)CTF, Greed, etc.
                    • Practicing DM/movement/wall-dodging offline is an excellent idea. This helps make the basics automatic, and it gives your brain the space it needs to make good decisions while in the heat of the game, which will be a HUGE help online. The more of that you do, the happier and winninger you'll be.

cheers good luck have fun

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                      UT3 no longer works online unless you know the IP of the server you want to connect to, as Gamespy has shut down.
                      wmic:root\cli>product where name="Unreal Tournament 3" call uninstall

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                        Wow, that is borderline irresponsible from a long time member like yourself.

Warlock616:
                        UT3 is definitely still running and servers are visible in the in-game browser. The community is small but there is great custom content out there. In the US, I'm running a DM server with tons of great custom maps (see site for info) and Beer Drinkers (also DM) usually has players. If you're into CTF, Wizd3m's "Dead Gamers Tears" server is the place to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie_D View Post
                          yes yes yes yes yes yes
                          A BIG YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

For the cheap price that you can get UT3 nowadays, it's definitely worth it! An addicting game. It might have its flaws, but so does every game. Once you start playing and get familiar with the gameplay and gametypes, find a favourite server with a good ping and downloaded some great custom content, you'll have a hard time saying no to this game.
                          Also, it features an editor and custom maps are always welcome!

Comment

The game is only worth buying for the PC/PS3 versions. Without the new mods that fix the game and add a lot better maps, the game is of poor quality. The two most essiential mods to make this game playable is MapMixer 3.01 and FoxMod v0.7. I also recommend downloading the three UT3 mega map packs that contain a lot of really good old school maps. Also go to mapraider.com to download other really good maps for each gametype. It's sad that the modding community had to fix most of the problems.

Comment

When do you wanna buy it? When it's cheaper? Dude, you are waisting time on becoming a formidable opponent!

Comment

Working...
                              X