UT3 "Get a Life" Achievement Bugged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 "Get a Life" Achievement Bugged

In my game, UT3 "Get a Life" is stuck at 48/50 and will not go up any further even though I'm getting 200 kills on online servers. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I read something about deleting save data, will that fix it?

My wife awards me with the "Get a Life" achievement every day.

Comment

Is anyone else getting having this issue?

Comment

Yes, I am getting this irony.

Oh you said issue. Sorry, carry on.

Comment

Online champion is stuck at 316/500 too :/

Comment

AFAIK, online awards need a unmodified server (known as Pure). Some of the offical Epic server do have custom content so any progress would not count playing on these servers.

Comment

I am playing on Pure Servers, doesn't seem to make any difference.

Comment

With mutator?

Once a non-stock mutator/package gets loaded, the award progress gets disabled. You can check your own log file. Here is an example:
                Code:
                Log: A mod has been loaded via file 'MutDodgeJump', award progress has been disabled...

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                  Is anyone else getting having this issue?
                  Yep. No updating online statistics or "get a life" achievement.

Originally posted by enoch84 View Post
                  My wife awards me with the "Get a Life" achievement every day.
                  Signature worthy! Same award here.

Comment

Any updates on fixing this?

Comment

It depends on where you play. In example, the official Epic Warfare server has at least 2 mutators (UTMonitor and UT3Fixes). This would/could disable the award progress for anyone playing on it.

Comment

I've gotten more achievements playing instant action with a ton of mutators. I don't think I've ever gotten one playing online.

Comment

OK so apparently the achievement is not bugged, but if a server is running more than one mutator (e.g. all of them) it won't be considered pure for the sake of achievements, EVEN if the server says its a pure server when the pure server filter is used in the server browser.

I started a listen server with bots and played two rounds of deathmatch to 100 frags, and after they were both done "Get a Life" was at 49/50 and "Online Champion was at 318/500. So the achievements aren't bugged, its just that apparently there aren't really any "pure" servers anymore.

A patch is out of the question at this point, but would it be possible to write a mutator that tells UT3 the server is a pure server even if it isn't? I'm really not sure what happened, I earned the vast majority of "Get a Life" victories on online servers, and now it doesn't want to count them anymore. You can still earn these achievements, but it looks like the only way to do is to play on a listen server.

Is there any way to fix this so playing on real servers counts progress toward these achievements? I really don't want to finish up online champion by playing a ton of listen server bot matches. It really seems like something changed because I used to grind toward both of these on Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers and now none of my victories on that server count toward either achievement. And Beer Drinkers is a pure server according to UT3 server browser.

Maybe most servers just run two mutators now instead of one. In that case it may be botmatch ahoy to finish these achievements, which would suck. The fun of them was earning them against real players.

Comment

Once the engine loads a non-offical package (non shipped, there is a flag somewhere or a list) the progress gets disabled. It is stated in the log file (Launch.log). Bypassing this check is considered as cheating so there is quite no UnrealScript code to get this working. You're right with CUSTOM and PURE. It looks like kind of every server is pure but they aren't at all.

You can ask a server administrator to disable all this addons and it should count the progress afterwards again.

Comment

Have you checked to see if there are any UK servers that are actually pure?

Comment

Working...
                              X