Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Which CPU are you running and gaming on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corrupt View Post
    You can always go for Ivy, from the reviews of HW it doesn't show much improvement over Ivy.
    No, Ivy is old news. Even though the IPC isn't that large of an increase, the heat dissipation because of the small die size is still the same. Make no mistake that both get hot. Haswell if anything

Comment

AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core 2.21 GHz, Thermotake Big Typhoon CPU cooler, 4 GB Ram, EVGA GeForce GTX 460, Windohz 7 64bit. I built this pc over 5 years ago. Looking to upgrade soon.

Comment

I started playing UT3 with a AMD Athlon X2 4800 clocked at 2.8 Ghz and a pair of GeForce 7900GTX graphics cards in SLI. Compared to what I have now, it was really really slow. Then I moved to a core i7 870 and crossfire HD4870 graphics. That made UT3 a whole new game for me. This game wants a super high power cpu.

Two years ago I build my current system, i7 2600K @ 4.2 Ghz with the HD4870 crossfire setup. I ran a pair of HD6870 in crossfire shortly after that. Now I run a HD7970. The HD7970 is not noticably faster than the HD6870 crossfire I had prior, but it makes much less heat. I also finally replaced my Sony Trinitrons, G520, with a pair of ASUS VG248. That in itself saved over 200 watts of heat from my summer cooling bill.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
          I started playing UT3 with a AMD Athlon X2 4800 clocked at 2.8 Ghz and a pair of GeForce 7900GTX graphics cards in SLI. Compared to what I have now, it was really really slow. Then I moved to a core i7 870 and crossfire HD4870 graphics. That made UT3 a whole new game for me. This game wants a super high power cpu.

Two years ago I build my current system, i7 2600K @ 4.2 Ghz with the HD4870 crossfire setup. I ran a pair of HD6870 in crossfire shortly after that. Now I run a HD7970. The HD7970 is not noticably faster than the HD6870 crossfire I had prior, but it makes much less heat. I also finally replaced my Sony Trinitrons, G520, with a pair of ASUS VG248. That in itself saved over 200 watts of heat from my summer cooling bill.

How fun! Love upgrading I just think my currnent rig is still up to handling UT3, but I must confess that I feel I am pushing my system, but then again I spent the money on high quality parts building my current Gaming rig so I think I may let it ride a little bit more

Awesome post, man!

Comment

Cyrix P200+

Comment

Just gonna revive this old thread with a new chip I've been running since about maybe 6 months ago. Xeon X5660 6 core 32nm 1366 socket @ 3.68Ghz @ 1.23v 160 BLCK on all 6 cores, no turbo, with turbo it will put one core at a 24x. I like the sound of the Xeon X5675 with a 25x @ ~ 200$ 5Ghz zone

Comment

Originally posted by UTPlayer529th View Post
                Just gonna revive this old thread with a new chip I've been running since about maybe 6 months ago. Xeon X5660 6 core 32nm 1366 socket @ 3.68Ghz @ 1.23v 160 BLCK on all 6 cores, no turbo, with turbo it will put one core at a 24x. I like the sound of the Xeon X5675 with a 25x @ ~ 200$ 5Ghz zone
                Do your weapons shoot 213 times faster?

Comment

Originally posted by geronaho View Post
                  Do your weapons shoot 213 times faster?
                  6x because it's a hex core, duh :P

Comment

Ignore him he's just a stupid troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                      Yes, borderline, I'll give you that but 213 was an old alias I use to go by online (ingame) and on these forums until Flak banned my user account for an oversight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                        I'm a stupid troll cause you didn't catch the reference? lol Do you even lift?

o e o e o

Comment

still using this: Athlon 645 6 gigs ram gforce gt240!

Comment

I run my game on my 1-year-old laptop. It has an Intel core i3 processor. No game issues so far.

Comment

Intel 2500K @ 4.6gh, 8gb memz, Radeon 7950 3gb.

Comment

I started playing UT3 with a AMD Athlon X2 4800+ clocked at 2.6Ghz and GeForce 7900GTX SLI. Looking back, that was pretty slow. Even with more powerfull video cards, same story. When I went to a core i7 870, it was a huge impovement. That completely changed the game for me. That showed me that the older hardware was holding me back. Better hardware will not make you a better player, but, it will permit you to play at your best.

Comment

Working...
                                X