Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Which CPU are you running and gaming on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which CPU are you running and gaming on?

I'm currently on a 4yr old i7 920 clocked to almost it's max potential on aggressive air cooling (T.R.U.E. black) - fooling around at 4.1Ghz I can't remember quite clearly but I think I originally started on an AMD FX 60 @ 2.9Ghz with UT3. Went through a couple of machines: E8400 3.8Hz, Q9300 3.1 or 3.2Ghz, Q9650 4Ghz... Since my first build 423 socket Will P4 Netburst, I've always had a main pc, then a gaming PC.

This is just for fun. I like PCs and building gaming PCs because they go hand in hand and it's a nice hobby while keeping "you" out of street trouble

So I'm trying to add a poll. Lets see how my skillz go here

I play UT3 on my 2 and a half year old laptop. Have a Intel i3 processor.

When I record online matches, I usually have to lower the quality of the game as well as set the laptop to "high performance" mode to avoid computer lag.

Comment

i'm running an Intel i5 2500k @3.30Ghz, stock speed i think.
      Bought my PC for gaming but because of Gears being Xbox exclusive i hardly ever use my pc for gaming anymore! shame really!

Comment

Intel i7 990x hexa-core here.

Comment

Just moved from an I7 920 with 12 gigs of ram to an AMD 8350 with 16 gigs of ram. First pc built specifically for UT3 was an AMD 6000 am2 chip with 2 gigs of ram and a nvidia 7950 gt video card. Still have most of those parts somewhere lol.

Comment

snapdragon 600

Comment

Originally posted by geronaho View Post
              snapdragon 600
              no wonder you lag

Comment

same pc building/modding hobby....currently FX-8350 @ 5ghz (custom WC)....but it play UT3 and more even @ stock speeds....coming from 1090t @ 4.00ghz

Comment

Intel Core i7 3930K

Comment

Athlon 645 6 gigs ram gforce gt240!

Comment

Intel i7-2670qm, been running ut3/udk on my laptop for 2 years now.

Comment

Ah, some very interesting machines I don't think I could game on a laptop but each case scenario is different I'm debating a Haswell MB & CPU.. not too seriously but just keeping an eye open for a better share of positive overclocking results VS high heat and low overclocking ability reports. If I were to jump on Haswell I'd have to see alot of 4.8Ghz reports/threads over them. It was kind of a let-down hearing the IPC didn't jump very much. If I could sell off enough spare parts to do it, I would probably go ahead. Fortunately for us locals we have a Micro Center near-by. I could get a 4670K & MSI board for 299$ before tax

Comment

Originally posted by geronaho View Post
                          snapdragon 600
                          LOL good one.

Comment

AMD APU A8 3870 @3GHz/radeon 6550 8Gigs of ram 1600MHz

First time I run UT3 was on a AMD64 3200 @2GHz with an ATI x1950pro for some reason UT3 didn't like AMD it freezes during the cut scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by UTPlayer529th View Post
                              Ah, some very interesting machines I don't think I could game on a laptop but each case scenario is different I'm debating a Haswell MB & CPU.. not too seriously but just keeping an eye open for a better share of positive overclocking results VS high heat and low overclocking ability reports. If I were to jump on Haswell I'd have to see alot of 4.8Ghz reports/threads over them. It was kind of a let-down hearing the IPC didn't jump very much. If I could sell off enough spare parts to do it, I would probably go ahead. Fortunately for us locals we have a Micro Center near-by. I could get a 4670K & MSI board for 299$ before tax
                              You can always go for Ivy, from the reviews of HW it doesn't show much improvement over Ivy.

Comment

Working...
                              X